Broadhead

Brandon N

FNG
Sticking with Rage Hypodermic 125’s

I know they are mechanical….but I’ve never made a decent shot on an elk/deer that didn’t die within 100 yards

marcymcee

FNG
Magnus snuffer ss in 100gr
Magnus give you a free replacement warranty no questions asked even if it’s your fault.

henz08

FNG
I shot various mechanicals for decades. I switched to 100 gr G5 Montec a few years ago and never looked back. I’ve taken 10+ deer with them and always get a pass thru even with shots out to 40 yards with my compound. Never happened with mechanicals.

Last edited:
Swhackers for now but have some exodus coming, been wanting to try them out

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

skmartin

FNG
I've used grim reaper 1-3/8" mech for the last 10 or so deer I have shot and have been very happy!

mi650

WKR
I think I already posted about using Grim Reaper 2" 3-blade for several years. They've always worked great.

A few months ago I bought some of their 4-blade braodheads. Got a chance to try them out Friday evening. Very happy with the performance. Blew clean thru him at 25 yards, even with him dropping right as it hit him and changing the trajectory a little bit. From 20' up, entry and exit holes were dead level, and the exit was thru the middle of his shoulder. He made it about 40 yards, fell, got up and went another 5 yards.

As I found him, exit hole pictured:

y4wS4fH.jpg

Entry hole:

lGRj6Ge.jpg

mi650

WKR
I really like Wasp Jak Hammer 125 with the 1 3/4" cut. Been shooting them since 1999 or 2000, and plan to continue for as long as they make them. They are reasonably priced, work well, and I reuse most of them. Having said that, Slick Tricks seem to be pretty popular on this thread!
I used 100 gr Jak Hammers for several years before switching to Grim Reapers. Very tough broadhead, easy to sharpen or replace blades. Still have about 1/2 a dozen that I'd have no qualms about using if I couldn't get Grim Reapers for some reason.