Browning BLR Takedown barrel

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Yes.

My 358 hand loads 200 GR Hammer at 2700 fps…

Factory hornady 200 shots .5” low for practice!

Talking with rugged now to see if the Alaskan 360 ti has enough clearance.
Rugged ever give you an answer on running 358 Win?

Wapiti1

WKR
The problem is the barrel extension. Browning doesn't sell them, and there is no aftermarket source.

It would need to be custom made, or you need a donor barrel. It's no harder than setting up an AR barrel, but you need the extension.

Jeremy

Shraggs

WKR
Rugged ever give you an answer on running 358 Win?
kinda of...

first contact they immediately stated a 358 w is too powerful, and the 360 isn't rated that high. reached out again, and explained its a necked up 308 and a 308 is rated per their data...

so i went on to explain my concern isn't the power and pressure, it is the diameter of the inner can at .360 and a bullet of .358. they are standing behind the use of the alaskan 360 ti for a true .358 bore and will warranty if damaged.

ive spoken to couple members here i know are using a lot of cans and .002 seems concerning. Carson Bachelder who will do all my threading is, like that tight is no go - really need .03-.04 clearance.

im not sure what Jermey is referring to so maybe i have more to learn on the BLR. LRI can thread with rifle in place and no dis-assembly of the action or barrel. Carson is certified to remove action on a blr and able to re-time it but barrel stays attached.

on paper that can looks really good - and maybe its my second can for my 6 cm/223 but for my two 35s they have lost my confidence

your other thread is timely, currently thinking that raptor - but more likely going to go with the jk 155 versax in the 9mm model with a inner bore of .391

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
@Shraggs

Jeremy is referring to the take-down version of the BLR…where you can remove barrel from receiver for travel.

It is very much like an AR-15 barrel extension.

Is the internal diameter of Rugged Alaskan 360 really .360”?

Shraggs

WKR
According to their guy answering customer service calls, yes .360. I have asked to speak directly to an engineer or similar and not have a middle person, but that was a no.

They are advising this for a 350 legend too, so in my mind there’s a bit of explanation more I’d like confirmation of because I would not for a my 350 legend either with that tight if clearance.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I picked up 7-08 and 243 barrels…seems like an easy switch barrel system