Budget / non name brand / took a chance thread

Before I take it upon or myself or steal anyone’s thunder. Is there a thread like this out there? I didn’t really know what to search to try to find it.

If not, can we make this the place to share your finds of some inexpensive pieces that worked well for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
They have one for everything in the gear subforum. Even if one exist here its not a bad thing to have an up to date thread. I’ll throw in my 2 cents. I bought the Scheels endeavor brush pants. I got them on sale for 90 bucks and they usually go for 120. They have all the features of pants cost almost twice as much. I have been completely satisfied with them for going through thorn patches. The other thing I have found that works good for baselayers is tops for running. I grab those from Ross’s and tjmaxx for about 10 bucks a pop.

OP
G
They have one for everything in the gear subforum. Even if one exist here its not a bad thing to have an up to date thread. I’ll throw in my 2 cents. I bought the Scheels endeavor brush pants. I got them on sale for 90 bucks and they usually go for 120. They have all the features of pants cost almost twice as much. I have been completely satisfied with them for going through thorn patches. The other thing I have found that works good for baselayers is tops for running. I grab those from Ross’s and tjmaxx for about 10 bucks a pop.

Probably gonna look into those pants & I have some of those spyder shirts from those stores that are great for the same price you paid

OP
G

Here you go.

Ahh. There it is. I knew there was one. Thanks man.

If you can find any of the following at a military surplus store, I highly recommend getting them:
-grid fleece (tops and bottoms are both great)
-fleece lined Soft shell jacket (like the helicopter crews wear
-Flame Resistant Army Combat Uniform (FRACU) pants (softer, lighter, and won’t fade like the regular ACU pants)
-Combat Pants (have built in knee pad slots for crye kneepads)
Also, Sam’s club carries a decent Eddie Bauer down jacket that has been on sale for like $30.

Are these similar to the infamous walmart wrangler

The Walmart Wrangler pants are hands down the best bang for your buck. They're better and cheaper, than my Kuiu or Firstlite pants. I've worn them in 40C to -40C weather.

The Wrangler Sport shirt is pretty damn nice for the money and perfect when you want long sleeves in the summer.

Agross

WKR
Are these similar to the infamous walmart wrangler

They are. And I had and still have several pairs of those , but these are not quite as snug fitting (skinny jeans) type of feel. These have regular and fleece lined just like the wranglers but not quite so form fitting. Not baggie but not quite so snug.

I’ve seen the talk about this one actually. Is it true you need to order about 2-3 sizes up for a good fit?

No, I'm a large / xl and the xl fits perfect. The sleeves are goofy on one of mine with large cuff openings but honestly it's a good piece for the price

The Walmart Wrangler pants are hands down the best bang for your buck. They're better and cheaper, than my Kuiu or Firstlite pants. I've worn them in 40C to -40C weather.

The Wrangler Sport shirt is pretty damn nice for the money and perfect when you want long sleeves in the summer.
I daily them and use them all fall for grouse hunting
Not my top grouse pants but man they're good good for the money

I just bought a pair of 20$ synthetic snowpants at Target that are working flawlessly as puffy pants. Not as packable as the kelvin lite down 3/4s but literally every bit as good as the u compaghre pants I tried

bobco

FNG

agreed, just bought 3 pairs, for $26 really nicce fitting pants. Did a good hike the other day through a bunch of scrub oak and no damage!

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
Costco merino blend LS T's. Bought 2 last year, wore then @#$% out of both since as next to skin for waterfowl, blacktail, black bear hunts and a full years worth of training hikes.

Tough, dry fast, and resist stink. I believe I paid $20 cdn each. My $100 First lite merino LS T's haven't seen the light of day since I bought these.

Also another vote here for Eddie Bauer hiking pants from costco. Very good simple, durable 3 season pant for next to nothing ( Think I paid $25 Cdn). Again, worn the @#$% out of these for hikes, hunts and have zero complaints.

I did check out the Wranglers at Wallmart and they seem very similar to the Costco Eddie Bauer pants with a slightly looser fit and different pockets. These were $27 Cdn.