Bugle Reports.

ToolMann

WKR
Dead quiet where we were. I guess you'd call in north/central Colorado, east of the divide. Not a peep. May head back up Friday night. Muzzleloader so don't have all month but have 3 more hunts this year, so may be done for now.

Been hearing a few in Idaho. In Unit 10 mainly after dark and Unit 13 last week one bull didn’t shut up the whole night.

Sled

WKR
Nice bull, Fullfan.

It's been quiet in central Utah for the last week. Not even getting return bugles in the dark yet. Hope it turns on soon.

OP
Fullfan

Fullfan

WKR
Central idaho today, total of seven bulls heard. 4 committed and came within 200. No shot opportunity for my son

I spent the weekend scouting unit 34 in New Mexico for my upcoming muzzy hunt. Bulls were vocal till about 8 am then quiet till around 6 pm. Rut was not in full swing. I glassed several bulls that were talking but had no cows and did not appear to be searching.

Hnthrdr

WKR
If you are out hunting and not hearing bugles right now, you are where the majority of elk are not.
I thought I had them dialed, had multiple encounters in the first week, been back up since the last day of muzzle loader and heard bugles for two days and now all the drainages that were holding them have since become silent, really minimal hunting pressure too… now I’ve been hitting spots to see if I can locate them again. It’s tough hunting when you can’t hear them talking