Bugle Reports.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Its been hit or miss in MT. Fired up for about a week on the 17th or so.. Been pretty vocal all up north but SW has been odd. Heat and smoke played a measure there first weeks of September I'm sure. Hope the first weeks of October here have some life.
I was planning on being out of WY by now and hunting the last 2 weeks of the MT archery season where I have had good action in Oct. Not really working out as expected. Just when you think you have it figured out every year is different.

selbyt31

FNG
Classified Approved
I was planning on being out of WY by now and hunting the last 2 weeks of the MT archery season where I have had good action in Oct. Not really working out as expected. Just when you think you have it figured out every year is different.
Tell me about it.. I got hammered by smoke in Idaho as well. Ive chased this 6x6 for 2 weeks now with a small group of cows. Stubborn as ever and dead silent. Re-plan and adjust. Get it going again!

11boo

WKR
I haven’t seen this in a while. They were never really fired up here, W CO.

I was up there most of the month, they usually fire up strong at the end of the month. This year was just pretty random.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t seen this in a while. They were never really fired up here, W CO.

I was up there most of the month, they usually fire up strong at the end of the month. This year was just pretty random.

Kinda what I saw in OR, ID, and WY. Weird year. If I had to "guess" I would say the full moon hit right in the middle of the "rut" and a lot of cows got breed in that time frame, and most likely at night.