Buying my first Tikka, what to upgrade first?

Trijicon Credo 2.5-15, but it's only second focal plane. It's about a grand.
SWFA 3-15x42. Backordered currently, but if you can be patient, they're solid and worth the weight. About $600-ish
SWFA 3-9HD. Also backordered, but by all accounts, the best 700 and in hunting riflescope on the market for the money period.
The 3-15 is in stock now if anyone cares in present time

Rich M

WKR
Need? Uh...negative.
The post implies a need to fix the gun. What do I need to fix is the post.

Yes, I'm trolling. Handled a whole 1 Tikka in my life and it had a nice factory trigger. It's the whole popularity of a "gun build". If you gotta add stuff to your gun to make it shoot right - buy a better gun. ;)

Unckebob

WKR
Everyone says tikka is so great but they need all these aftermarket parts. Sounds like a scam.

Tikka's are factory rifles that work fantastic.

Consequently, they are a great platform to build a semi custom rifle off of. People aren't making modifications because they do not work.

They are upgrading/customizing the rifles. There is nothing "wrong" with my rifle. It feeds great. The action is smooth. It was accurate out of the box.

My planned modifications: lightweight rifle.
- I will probably change out the stock at some point because I like a shorter LOP than 13.5." Plus, I want to try a carbon fiber stock.
- I will probably have a prefit barrel made to my specifications. I may change cartridges when that happens.
- I will add a Spartan Bipod Adapter.
- new scope and rings.

Nobody (smart) spends a lot of money upgrading a rifle that is a POS and will always be a POS.