CA B Zone Trinity Alps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnstag

FNG
Has anybody ventured up swift creek or coffee creek drainages and got into deer? Wondering if there still was backpackers around in mid September? Any suggestions

Thanks

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
Not planning on staying on trailheads for long. Just starting point access. Mmm very peculiar. Perhaps I could leave a trail of granola leading elsewhere to divert the backpackers?

Now if you like the spot and want to go back In the future you’ll run into guys that found your post on rokslide. Nice 😆

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
If you look at the comment above,

"Now if you like the spot and want to go back In the future you’ll run into guys that found your post on rokslide. Nice 😆."

You could see that I was confused what the premise of a forum is since I received such a sarcastic reply.

If information and stories are shared, but others can go back and read them, does that defeat the purpose?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
“Hey does anybody know where deer are in of the most popular blacktail wilderness hunting areas in California?”

Not a fantastic start to trying to get guys who could be willing to help you...

If you are respectful and open with your lack of knowledge we are more likely to help you just a heads up for any future threads.

Marble

WKR

"Now if you like the spot and want to go back In the future you’ll run into guys that found your post on rokslide. Nice 😆."

You could see that I was confused what the premise of a forum is since I received such a sarcastic reply.

If information and stories are shared, but others can go back and read them, does that defeat the purpose?

Welcome to the forum.

The point of the forum is to learn and share information. But information broadcasted on specific spots is very frowned upon in the open forum. People with little to know expereince then use someone else's hard work to benifit themselves. People flood area and turn an already difficult situation into an impossible one.

So maybe ask for someone to PM you on some trailhead questions in the trinity center area and you'll get a less aggressive, more responsive expereince.

Good luck.

lif

WKR
Also try searching the forum for previous conversations about your specifics. Get what you can out of it. If you still have questions open a thread and ask for the possibility of someone private messaging you with some answers. Or just private message someone from the previous threads. Many hunters spend many years figuring out specific spots and it’s a kick in the nuts when someone is openly encouraging others to go to those spots. This isn’t nearly as sensitive when you’re asking about limited entry hunts that are hard to draw. No one is picking on you, these are actually helpful pieces of advice for you to eventually get some of the info you might need.

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
Also try searching the forum for previous conversations about your specifics. Get what you can out of it. If you still have questions open a thread and ask for the possibility of someone private messaging you with some answers. Or just private message someone from the previous threads. Many hunters spend many years figuring out specific spots and it’s a kick in the nuts when someone is openly encouraging others to go to those spots. This isn’t nearly as sensitive when you’re asking about limited entry hunts that are hard to draw. No one is picking on you, these are actually helpful pieces of advice for you to eventually get some of the info you might need.

The questions I asked were posed in yes or no formatting, not sure what constitutes "Broadcasting" but I'm confident that the hikers with dreadlocks wearing Tiva sandals and skinny dipping in the alpine lakes aren't reading rokslide, and thus, one could extrapolate that the proverbial "word is out".

and I do not ruffle easily, so I'm not feeling picked upon and no offense taken because I understand your real lament lies in the fact that our elected state officials and game managers empathize with mountains lions more than sportsmen and hand out close to 30,000 tags for an OTC zone (B) that has trivially low harvest success rates unfortunately. I wasn't asking for honey holes or for you to drop a pin. I'm not a new hunter and work my butt off. Simply asking about access points.

"Hey Lif, how was your trip to san franscisco? Did you go highway 5 south to 80 west or 101 south?"

Point being, unless you're tunneling from underground or getting dropped off by helicopter or airstrip (This is not the Frank or the Bob} the access points Do Not Change from their 2D nature in a designated wilderness zone, cool thing is, we can derive our path anywhere we would like from there with the Quads God gave us.

Deer are where you find them...

and this is an online webpage so it's relatively technologically advanced, to suggest to go back and read old posts seems antiquated and has the potential for stagnation when I already have your energy and focus, typing 14 WPM to discourage my curiosity and censor how I ask something, where I ask it. I indeed will humble myself (as I thought I was doing, but I guess my second grade teacher was lying when she said "there was no dumb questions}, but you are not Zeus, and being hypercritical of an innocent question about ACCESS, means you are far from Mount Olympus. Good luck with your annual 15 inch Basket Buck.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    258.4 KB · Views: 47

Jstolte

FNG
My first archery hunt in the alps will be this summer. I have been doing a lot of e-scouting and am planning on getting boots on the ground in the next few weeks to take a look around.

I was going to ask a similar question to OP but am certainly glad that I didn’t now! If anyone would be willing to help a newbie who will be going it alone and certainly not blowing up a spot, please PM me.

I was partly pitching you S for fun and partly serious. I don’t hunt the alps or California at all but lately I’ve seen posts asking about spots that would apply to spots I hunt and find myself cringing and thinking “please nobody mention my favorite spot!” I’m sure I’m not the only one. On the other hand, I hope you get the info you’re looking for and hope you’re successful. I will say though, guys mess with each other all the time. Most don’t get too upset about it.

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
I was partly pitching you S for fun and partly serious. I don’t hunt the alps or California at all but lately I’ve seen posts asking about spots that would apply to spots I hunt and find myself cringing and thinking “please nobody mention my favorite spot!” I’m sure I’m not the only one. On the other hand, I hope you get the info you’re looking for and hope you’re successful. I will say though, guys mess with each other all the time. Most don’t get too upset about it.
No I hear yuh man and understand. No hard feelings. We are all being encroached upon in some fashion because of our states game management. I am moving to Montana in late fall and this might be my last time hunting CA unless I get the "forever license"...

Last year I hunted the south Yolla Bollys and ran into a car camp group of like 40 people from san jose blasting music and crowing like roosters. (On the way in, outskirts, not the wilderness area) so I can empathize with your frustration.

and LIF, lets be friends
I didn't mean for you to be the brunt of my volleyed ire

Reactions: lif
No I hear yuh man and understand. No hard feelings. We are all being encroached upon in some fashion because of our states game management. I am moving to Montana in late fall and this might be my last time hunting CA unless I get the "forever license"...

Last year I hunted the south Yolla Bollys and ran into a car camp group of like 40 people from san jose blasting music and crowing like roosters. (On the way in, outskirts, not the wilderness area) so I can empathize with your frustration.

and LIF, lets be friends
I didn't mean for you to be the brunt of my volleyed ire
Good for you on moving to Montana.. I’m jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.