CA Bobcat (mount finally completed)

bohntr

I called in and arrowed a beautiful bobcat in the Eastern Sierras in November of 2010. I decided to have a life-size mount done since the spots on the cat were incredible. I had to do a little research on a different taxidermist.....one who has an excellent reputation on reproducing cats. Well, I found a taxidermist about 2 hours away and had him do the work........he e-mailed me finished photos with a "it's ready for pick-up" heading. What do you guys/gals think? Looks pretty good to me, but I'm no expert in this area.

Here's the bobcat when I arrowed him and the finished product:

Attachments

TwoTikkas

You can't go wrong with a good cat mount. That one is a dandy too. I love a nice mountain lion mount as well. The local taxidermist was trying to talk me into a cat hunt. His mounts were fantastic! I was sold right up to the point where you have to pay for the hunt. Lion hunts are Expensive! You have a super Bob mount there. Very nice!

weaver

I have seen some very bad cat mounts. From the pics i would say yours is one of the best i have seen. Congrats!

Rick Seymour

That is an awesome mount. Did you get the bird as well at another time? I have seen one Bobcat in my life. Going to give you more information than you wanted. Relatives building a home for Granny since grandpa had passed on they had an actual wood Outhouse which faced the backwoods "of course". Yep sitting there one morning a Bobcat scampers past not 30 feet. "Only on Rokslide" 8^)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One of the most unique trophies I've seen taken by a bowhunter (BOHNTR, of course!) Very neat.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have almost the exact same mount on my cat, Ill have to get a pic up on here! I had mine done like that for the same reasons, The spots are truly amazing looking. Awesome!