CA Mesa Stock Swap to Stocky VG2

jake_eizy

FNG
I have a CA Mesa in 6.5CM with a Stocky UltraLite Carbon Fiber VG2 arriving tomorrow. I have been digging around the forums but I want to confirm that it should be an easy drop in swap except for some filing at the bolt release? CA action screws should fit? Torque action screws to 60 in/lb with some blue loctite? Am I missing anything?

OP
J

jake_eizy

FNG
In case any one else comes along looking for this info: I had to file down the mag release, shorten the forward action screw, and remove a little material in the bolt handle slot.

OP
J

jake_eizy

FNG
Just to update fully: had to shave down mag box a good amount and add a spacer to the font and back action screws in order to allow the mag box to wiggle properly. Even with that the back bottom metal inlet was not perfectly flush while the front of the bottom metal inlet sits slightly lower. CA Mesa to Stocky stock is not plug and play.

WestMOhunter

Lil-Rokslider
The lack of info. on Stocky’s CF stocks surprises me. Just did a semi-custom Creedmoor with a VG2 (Aero Solus w/ Criterion prefit). I haven’t owned lots of other stocks, but it’s solid on its own. I like Manners a little better, but considering the price difference this is outstanding. I have roughly $500 in mine after minor mill work, added flush cups and a short m-lok on bottom. The VGA looks even better but with a MUCH higher price tag.