Ca x9c or x3b

Well not the cream of the crop for units but they don’t take many points. I should have enough points to draw either zone next year. I want to do a scouting trip in July but I’m undecided on which zone. In x3b it would be in the warners and x9c would be the white mountains. I don’t have a quad or utv. I’m a backpack hunter with a good amount of experience in Bzone Wilderness. So I’m most interested in a backpack hunt even though that’s probably not the best way to maximize covering ground. If anyone has any suggestions one way or the other or info you are willing to offer, shoot me a PM. I’m not really interested in saving up 7-10 points for the better zones. I won’t to learn a place I can draw every few years. X1 isn’t out of the question either.
Thanks
Curious how u did? I used to work in X3b a bit and X6a and both have a different set of challenges. Less deer in X3B ut huge potential and backpacking dream. Also ATV/UTV roads. X6a tons of deer a lot more roads.

Although I haven’t hunted X9C in over 20 years… I can say that I have spent a great deal of time in the zone, backpacking and scouting for sheep. During these more recent trips, I have seen some bucks… Nothing particularly huge… just your average 2x2’s, 3x3’s and an occasional small 4 x 4. As others have said, the potential for a big buck is certainly there is this mountain range is big, wild, and absolutely gorgeous! Most of the hunting pressure is concentrated in the southern end of the Whites off the road to the Bristlecone Forests so you will have to get out and hike a ways if you expect to see deer. Big, quality optics are also a MUST!

Don’t overlook the Inyo mountains located further to the south, but still in the zone. Find the water (guzzlers) and you’ll find the deer.

Marble

WKR
There was a ton sheep around The Blue Lake area probably over 300 they had all the grasses mowed down to nothing.
I don't recall seeing them around the lake. But they had been about 5 miles back in the wilderness. They had grazed some areas down to the dirt and left fields of poop there.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk