Camp coffee

Terrapin

WKR
Percolator... something about the noise and smell that are synonymous with a warm wall tent out in the woods. I think I might make my morning coffee in it tomorrow and sit out on the porch and watch the sun come up. Might make me feel better for a couple hours :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, here's a new one: just carry liquid espresso shots. Before I leave for a trip I pull about three shots per day, bottle immediately and chill. Bottling them immediately catches all the aromatics and chilling just helps preserve the flavor. Then just heat up some water just above drinking temperature and mix in three shots, instant Americano. This year I'm gong to try individually packing days in squeeze pouches. If you don't have an espresso machine you can just swing by your favorite coffee shop and ask them to pull the number of shots you need, if you explain what you're doing they'll be relatively inexpensive.
Someone mentioned to "not boil" the water because it ruins the coffee, and it is true if you get the water too hot it'll taste bitter (too cold tastes sour) but above about 6000 feet you can't actually get the water too hot because the boiling temp drops.
And to think... this past season in September I was complaining about heat up times in the morning so we just went with cold breakfasts and powdered high octane energy drink mix. Apparently I am even less classy than I realized.

On the coffee front... the percolator is my morning timer when hunting from a truck based camp. Out of the sleeping bag, start coffee. Better be ready by the time it's done. Slam a cup.... on the trail!

And to think... this past season in September I was complaining about heat up times in the morning so we just went with cold breakfasts and powdered high octane energy drink mix. Apparently I am even less classy than I realized

It's all relative, I've roasted my own coffee for years and my home espresso set up is several times more expensive than my rifle. I may not have alpha glass optics but I do have good coffee.