Can someone explain the seek outside backpack platform

mporter012

Lil-Rokslider
Been running Kifaru packs the last few years, but they are heavy, and im a skinny guy, and every pound I can save will make the whole process much easier and more enjoyable for me. Switching from the kifaru 44 mag, to the Unaweep 4800, I'm saving almost 4 pounds!! Yea Kifaru is durable, but I'll take the weight savings, and buy a pack every 10 years if need be.

I'm just not sure exactly what the big difference is between the different bags. Looks like a zipper here, mesh pocket on some, not on others. A breakdown would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe call Seek and ask them directly? Sounds like the best way to get the details of their product to me.

Basically it is all modular and has even more adjustments then kifaru.
The frame is U shaped at the bottom in layman's terms, kinda more like an older school frame pack.
Integrated = the cloth frame/back panel and harness attachments are sewn into the bag and the frame cannot be ran without the bag, you slide the pack down onto the frame, you have to pack meat inside, or on the outside of the bag aka back.
Revolution/ break away = a separate cloth frame/back panel and harness attachments are mounted on the frame, then you attach a bag similar to kif.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The suspension is basically all the same . The divisions are
- integrated vs breakaway ( breakaway the bag can be separated from the suspension
- bag size (3500 / 4800 / 63000 / 5400)
- Unaweep / goshawk use talons , Merlin , wingspan pockets , lid - to add extra organization . Goshawks have side zips
- Peregrine , Lanner , divide , Gila have mesh pocketing on rear face . Lanner and Peregrine have 2 zippered pockets added for org. Lanner and Kenai (integrated Lanner ) have a shroud pocket that acts like a small lid

Mostly , it’s a balance of what is built in , and what is more adaptable

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When we started we had a setup very similar to the current unaweep with a base talon. We added the Divide that has a sewn on face pocket instead of the base talon.

Our packs are still mostly variations of those two. Either a sewn on face pocket (Gila, Divide, Kenai, Peregrine, Lanner) or the no face pocket and ability to run a talon easily (Unaweep, Goshawk).

Integrated is a little lighter. Breakaway allows you to carry meat between bag and frame, and if you add extensions the packbag doesn't crawl up the frame so your water bottle pockets stay the same height.

Some packs now have asymmetrical side pockets.

Same comfort / load rating on all of them. Same belt, frame, and harness on all the packs except the lighter duty Flight series.

sdirks3

FNG
Will definitely second calling them up! Super helpful folks who will chat packs and weigh the pros and cons with you

I've owned a breakaway and an integrated and the first hunt I had with the integrated platform blew my mind.

The cliff notes of my experience with the breakaway bag are it felt like it slid down the frame slightly (highly likely user error) and was not as easy to deal with the gate keepers to take the bag off the frame.

With thr integrated platform it was lighter, way more simple, and for me rode perfectly on my back. Simply put it just felt more solid and connected to me.

Since I'm mainly a mule deer hunter and debone my meat I've got zero issue giving up the breakaway benefits.