Canada Border And 2020 US Hunters

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, we needed to be through the border mid to late June to make it a good trip, but feel strongly that even July or August are unlikely given that they are behind their vax goals, the current restrictions and closures within country and public sentiment. Who knows what that will mean for Aug/Sept sheep hunters and moose hunters. Bad position sheep/moose hunters are in, but I agree that it won't open for summer.

The US just released their global vaccination distribution plan. There is 6 million set aside for Canada Mexico and South Korea. I hope us supplying vaccines like this will count for something. These doses are not AstraZeneca either it will be Pfizer Moderna and J/J

Tod osier

WKR
The US just released their global vaccination distribution plan. There is 6 million set aside for Canada Mexico and South Korea. I hope us supplying vaccines like this will count for something. These doses are not AstraZeneca either it will be Pfizer Moderna and J/J

My "plan" for opening the border all along has been to only allow vaccine to cross the border if accompanied by a US tourist, say 100 doses per tourist.

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
My "plan" for opening the border all along has been to only allow vaccine to cross the border if accompanied by a US tourist, say 100 doses per tourist.

The provincial leaders and the Health testing and screening committee are meeting today. It will be interesting to see what comes of that. Because if you read their report it’s states fully vaccinated travelers should be allowed to enter with proof of vaccination. The only requirement for tracking purposes is an entry pcr test.

This committee was put in place by the federal government. Their recommendations are pretty clear.

WCB

WKR
The fact that Canada is still as locked down as it is with all the crap coming out about scientists lying, misleading, and generally causing undo panic is beyond me. Who cares if Canada is behind the U.S. in vaccinations....even the U.S. is opening well under the original thought of 70% vaccination goal. Why? because it isn't going to happen and the vast majority off people at high risk have gotten it or have had the opportunity.

Protect the high risk and let others do their thing. If they eventually let non vaccinated people in my moose hunt will probably be a good time. I got money on it not opening this year.

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Update: Great News on The Canadian Border!
I am so excited to share with you some highly anticipated news. I have heard from inside sources that travel to Canada will be allowed starting this summer. I know you have all been waiting for this news for months now and will be happy to know you can start traveling and adventure hunting again. The expected opening dates are July for land borders and August for air travel. As soon as I get an official announcement I will be providing an update to everyone on our email list and on our website.

I received this email from a hunting broker in Canada. I have never used them nor do I have any reviews on them but I think it’s pretty ballsy to put out information to clients or potential clients if you haven’t heard something. Anyone else getting info like this?

I just received the same email. I hope it's true.

My outfitter in NL is calling me 1st week in July to let me know for sure.

Last edited:

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
My moose hunt is scheduled for the end of Sept and the first of oct., I still have a chance but if it did not open it would not really surprise me. I have another payment due the end of the month, but to be honest, I don't really like giving more money to outfitter just yet. Hopefully he doesn't put the screws to me on it?!?! I know it has to be paid, that is not the issue, I just don't know who will make it and who won't make if this border issue does not clear up this year???? And I don't want to be out any more money than I could possibly be out now??? Oh well, it is what it is!!