Canvas repair on camper

I know this isn’t the ideal spot on the internet to ask this question but I figure someone on here will have some data on this.
I bought a pop top truck camper and the vinyl part has 3 large holes I need to patch.
Can anyone recommend some appropriate vinyl and glue for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle_eye

FNG
Is it canvas or vinyl? Maybe that doesn't matter.
How big are the holes?
Not sure about using glue/silicone as it may not hold up over time,
but maybe it would last and would be much quicker than what I am suggesting.
I would sew a patch on.
I did a google search on "How to repair holes in canvas".
Sailrite has some directions on how to do it.

I would cut and hem around the hole, then make a patch a little larger than the hole.
Hem the new patch, then sew the patch over the hole.
If I were to do this I would use the speedy stitcher.
It might take two people to do it as one person would need to be outside and one inside.

Or you might want to do a saddle stitch instead of using the speedy stitcher.
It would take longer, but seems to be a much stronger stitch.
Just my thoughts.

If its truly canvas I'd just cut some patches and glue on with tearmender canvas glue seams to work for all my applications

I use wader patch kits on my old pop up vinyl...worked fine till I sold it...on the bigger holes I would add a few stitches before covering entire patch are in aqua seal.

OP
seldomseensmith
I read your comments yesterday and took a good look at the fabric. I’m pretty convinced it’s vinyl. The holes are 6-8” wide. This camper was in storage and got chewed on by mice. It’s a gross mess. I got it for a couple hundred dollars. Structurally it’s in good shape. This vinyl is the big hitter. Other than that it’s new flooring and cushions following nasty clean up. I got a respirator so being safe as well as not smelling it should make it reasonable. Thanks for the input so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk