Carbon arrows

I have a 62" Stalker coyote,55#@29". I've been shooting for shafts with 125 grain heads.
I'd like to come up with a carbon shaft combo.that shoots similarly.Id like some input on where to start in my search with regards to brand ,spine weight etc.Thanks
Tim

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
3 Rivers Archery is a great tool, especially if you're like me and don't have an archery shop with traditional equipment in your area. They have a lot of options for carbon shafts, and different weight and point systems. Their website also has the Stu Miller spine calculator, it gives you a really good starting point to discover different arrow setups. You can play around with different spine and insert/point weight setups that would work with your bow's specs.

They are really helpful over the phone too. RMS Gear out of Denver is really helpful too, and their website has a lot of options as well.

I will second cullenz suggestion and add The Footed Shaft to the list .

That said, I can only speak to Easton Axis. 125 grain with a brass HIT insert may be a good combo. If you are drawing 29" or better you may be looking at a 340 spine. I typically bareshaft through paper to check. Hope that helps

Beendare

WKR
My 50# high performance recurve arrows 31", needs 340 Axis and Centershot shafts to tune....but I also use a 75gr insert and 150gr bh.

Depending on how long you cut your arrows, if you are using a std insert and 125gr head, you might be at 400's

Wrench

WKR
My #51 stalker and #55 recurve will tune 400's just fine. I draw 29 so my bows would be closer to 54 and 57. I run standard and 100 gr inserts and cut to tune. I have plenty of shaft left even with a 100 insert and a 175 head.

I use traditional 400's and most are blems. (I have 5 or 6 dozen)