cellular game cam for home security purposes

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
i have a 20 acre "ranch" place, i was going to set up some reolink cams that use cellular data sim cards, with solar panels to cover the gate and barn, i don't have wifi that reaches that far. i was wondering if there are some reasonably priced solar powered game cams that might work. anyone use them for similiarpurposes? it's not for wildlife so much, just keeping an eye on things while i am gone. appreciate any info.

Fullfan

WKR
I use tactacam Reveals. Send pics to my phone in 20 seconds. Battery packs and solar chargers are also available for them.

I use Wise Eye cams. With a small DC battery they work for 6-9 months, 10-20 pics a day.

Just make sure of the service you have in your area before placing camera. I use an app called Opensignal, it tests the upload in the area, and directs you to the cell towers so you can aim the antenna. With the Wise Eye cameras you can also get aftermarket antennas that will extend the range, just need something above the camera to mount them on. They also can identify things in pictures, such as people and vehicles and you can select to only be notified of those.

I was able to get cams around $150 on sale, then another $10 in power cord, $15-20 in battery, $7-10 in a box for the battery. Plan I use is $15/month for first cam, $10 for each additional, and they are limited to something like 4500 pics a month per camera, but shared on the plan. So one camera can send you 7k pics a month while others only send 1-200 and it doesn't matter. Won't limit you on individual cameras.

I had issues with service when I first got them, called and spoke directly with the owner. He gave me a crash course in wireless stuff. After spending a few months trying to contact customer service with 2 other wireless camera companies it was great to not only not be put on hold for hours, but to speak to a person, and a knowledgeable one. He actually offered to send me AT&T cameras if after testing in the area showed they would work better than the Verizon cameras I had purchased.

My cameras seem to pickup vehicles in excess of 100' , people it's more like 75', but different factors come into play with temperature too. Have picked up vehicles at several hundred feet, but I don't count on it.