Chains for your boots... Yaktrax

I've not yet had occasion to use Yaktrax for big game hunting, but have used them now and then for upland bird hunting. Today I used them to go for a walk with the dog. The slush had frozen and things are a sheet of ice. No problem with these!
Great for the kind of conditions where with just about any boots you can't walk without falling down (and maybe breaking something).
I keep them in my hunting kit when conditions might be cold. No problem walking with them on any non-icy ground, though are slippery on my smooth garage floor.
Anybody else use them?
yaktrax.jpg

I use and like them a lot for winter training hikes. We get a lot of ice on the trails here in the winter and going down hard and getting hurt isn't helpful at all. I went through three pairs of the cheapest version last winter but am getting longer life out of the more expensive running version. I haven't used them hunting.

I have also used LaGrande boot chains a lot at work and during hunts. They are beefier and work well too.

kodiakfly

WKR
I use MicroSpikes and I like the YakTrax spikes because they've got anti-ball plates on them for wet snow. I've never used those you show there for hunting, but glad to hear they work well.

cnrx

FNG
I have used the yaktrax in the past and they are ok as long as your on mostly flat ground and hard surfaces. Any sort of steep terrain and these will move around on your foot, especially if your doing any side-hilling. Add in wet snow or worse mud and they can be a pain just to keep on your feet. I actually have one some where in the raggeds that i didn't know I had lost until we got back to the truck.

I have since started using microspikes and they are much better and very stable but not as comfortable as the yaktrax. I got the hillsound cypress 6 to try this year but instead needed shorts and a t-shirt

dotman

WKR
I like my hillsound but you do get balling but it's easy to remove with a few shakes of the foot.