Chamber Vac Reviews

I’ve been seeing some targeted ads for this new company MEAT and they have a smokin deal on a chamber vac. I’m wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with these machines. I haven’t seen many impartial reviews yet. Planning to split the purchase with a friend and we were expecting to buy from a restaurant supplier and spend $850 or so. Tired of burning out the homeowner brands.

I’d be open to hearing your experiences with other brands of chamber vacs also.

https://www.meatyourmaker.com/pres...rs/chamber-vacuum-sealer/1117075.html#start=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I own the VacMaster vp215. I have had it for 8+ years without any problems. I have seen a lot of other brands come out onto the market lately and they all look to be made the same. I can not attest to the reliability of the other brands but VacMaster has been around for quite a long time and has a lot of good reviews.
I don’t know how sharing one would work. Mine is on the counter in my kitchen and is used often. I recommend having a way to access it easily. Either permanently on the counter or on a cart that can be easily rolled into your kitchen. You will be surprised at how often you will use it.

sndmn11

WKR
If you sign up for their emails, they will send you a 25% off code.

I have a LEM chamber sealer and it is everything I could have imagined and more. I would not hesitate to buy another. A friend of mine got the MEAT chamber sealer the other day, and it works as it should. He does say that is is very loud and he could not fit an elk roast in the chamber.

Over the fourth of July I ordered a stuffer, mixer, and grinder from MEAT and they overcharged my card by about 30%. An email to them was replied to saying they would get a refund issued, and that never happened. I ended up having to dispute the difference with my bank because I couldn't get a reply to further emails.

The Vacmaster would be a solid option as well.

OP
Whiskey_Fish
Personally I own the VacMaster vp215. I have had it for 8+ years without any problems. I have seen a lot of other brands come out onto the market lately and they all look to be made the same. I can not attest to the reliability of the other brands but VacMaster has been around for quite a long time and has a lot of good reviews.
I don’t know how sharing one would work. Mine is on the counter in my kitchen and is used often. I recommend having a way to access it easily. Either permanently on the counter or on a cart that can be easily rolled into your kitchen. You will be surprised at how often you will use it.

The 215 is the main unit on our radar actually. Not too concerned about sharing it. We both have a basic food saver for everyday use. It’s the big prep and process sessions that I need it for most. We have joint custody on a variety of gear and it’s worked out really well so far. It’ll probably live at his house since that’s where we built our hanging closet and big processing table.

OP
Whiskey_Fish
If you sign up for their emails, they will send you a 25% off code.

I have a LEM chamber sealer and it is everything I could have imagined and more. I would not hesitate to buy another. A friend of mine got the MEAT chamber sealer the other day, and it works as it should. He does say that is is very loud and he could not fit an elk roast in the chamber.

Over the fourth of July I ordered a stuffer, mixer, and grinder from MEAT and they overcharged my card by about 30%. An email to them was replied to saying they would get a refund issued, and that never happened. I ended up having to dispute the difference with my bank because I couldn't get a reply to further emails.

The Vacmaster would be a solid option as well.

That’s annoying. However at 25% off buying two starts to sound real good.

sndmn11

WKR
That’s annoying. However at 25% off buying two starts to sound real good.

Do you know anyone on expertvoice? Their website let's you stack discounts, I had the 4th of July discount, the 25% off first order thing, and then another all going into one order. Otherwise, I would have ordered a LEM.

I have been using a minipack MVS31X for 3 years and have put close to a thousand pounds of fish through it and a couple caribou and its been great. It has a oil based pump so i change the oil every spring since i do alot of fish through it. I can also use the foil bags and seal fish and then pressure cook the bags just like you would with jars and make some awesome hunting camp food. Nothing better then coming back to camp throw one of them foil bags in a jet boil to warm up the salmon and then put it on some crackers.

i havent used these ones specifically but these are the types of bags. They are called retort bags. I buy mine locally at alaska butcher supply, they dont have them on their website but i am sure if you called them up they could ship some to you. They also have a packet that goes with them that says how much meat to put in each bag and cooking times.

Elk_Guapo

FNG

100% agree Re: the Vacmaster VP215. Also, 4-mil Vacmaster bags are my go-to, but if you're sealing anything with bones or a sharp edge, you may want to get some 5-mil bags, as well.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It’s good and all but they’re over 1000 dollars now. From what I’ve seen it looks like they were in the 600 dollar range not too long ago. Just finished wrapping some elk in heavy duty plastic wrap and then wax butcher paper from LEM. I have a feeling I could leave it in the freezer for a decade and theyd still look like the day I put them in there.
B3EE1CC5-39D3-4124-8C89-1C75BAF59ECA.jpeg9D804CB8-78B9-48D6-9953-EE9CEAD4A80F.jpeg

I have the vacmaster 210 chamber sealer. Been very impressed with it, though got it after season last year. But worked great sealing up a bunch of meat and soups for quarantine prep.
It’s a beast, but it works well. Plan to use it a lot during deer season this year, God willing.

edit: originally has written 315 not 210...I was wrong on the model number.

Last edited:
Why the butcher paper after its been vac sealed?
It’s good and all but they’re over 1000 dollars now. From what I’ve seen it looks like they were in the 600 dollar range not too long ago. Just finished wrapping some elk in heavy duty plastic wrap and then wax butcher paper from LEM. I have a feeling I could leave it in the freezer for a decade and theyd still look like the day I put them in there.
View attachment 214063View attachment 214064

Ucsdryder

WKR
Why the butcher paper after its been vac sealed?

I wrapped in LEM heavy duty plastic wrap, then wrapped in butcher wrap. I have a vacuum sealer but in my experience the bags fail after a few months so I went with the plastic wrap/ butcher wrap Instead.

Anyone use the MEAT brand one? I’m on the fence with the Costco LEM or the MEAT. Haven’t found much feedback on it the LEM has good reviews

Tod osier

WKR
I've owned a VP 215 for a while and a VP 112 before that. Going into a the purchase think about the availability of support and parts, parts do wear out with use. You can get just about every part for a VP 215 from vacmaster, but also from several retailers. The company has been around and there are a lot of units out there. Will that be the case for the others? There is a positive buying from a known company that offers good support too. Going into it a VP 215 or bigger is the way to go in my opinion.

The quality of the product produced is superb with the quality chamber vacs. As for a chamber vac being compared to freezer wrap, PLEASE.