Changing tune for different releases

When I got my bow I tuned it using my hand held releases and have been shooting hand helds for years. I’ve recently been shooting a Carter rx-1 index release as I feel like for hunting an index release is hard to beat. However I shot my bow through paper once just to double check everything before throwing broad heads on and I get a 1/2” tail left tear when using the index release. Perfect bullet holes when using a thumb button or hinge. So obviously there’s some face pressure or torque induced by how I’m shooting the index release…. Interesting. I’ve adjusted strap length and moved my anchor around a little and no change. Anyone ever retuned a bow for a different release? I kinda want to just hop back to my handhelds and take the easy way out but it’ll definitely bug me if I can’t get a good tear with the index lol.

OR Archer

WKR
There’s a few factors that can cause that. Anchor and or face pressure. Trigger punching. Torque on the loop from
the handhelds and none from the index. Different jaws on the release letting the loop go differently. A half inch is easy to correct for. I’d correct it using the index and then shoot your handhelds and see if there is still a difference.

BBob

WKR
Is yours the magnetic reset or the older one with the cord in it? My Carter RX-1 shot different from 3 other releases (2 index and 1 handheld). The other 3 shot and tuned almost perfectly together. I think it's because the reset cord in it had more effect on the hook at release than the others. If you have the magnetic maybe it's the hook design???

OP
W
There’s a few factors that can cause that. Anchor and or face pressure. Trigger punching. Torque on the loop from
the handhelds and none from the index. Different jaws on the release letting the loop go differently. A half inch is easy to correct for. I’d correct it using the index and then shoot your handhelds and see if there is still a difference.
Dang, D loop torque didn’t even come to mind for me lol. Totally makes sense, releases held at an angle with hand helds and flat with the index.

OP
W
Is yours the magnetic reset or the older one with the cord in it? My Carter RX-1 shot different from 3 other releases (2 index and 1 handheld). The other 3 shot and tuned almost perfectly together. I think it's because the reset cord in it had more effect on the hook at release than the others. If you have the magnetic maybe it's the hook design???
Mine is the magnetic style. Totally could just be the release design, it opens the opposite direction of my thumb button and has a much beefier hook than my hinge.

tdoublev

FNG
Not necessarily a tune problem. As you’ve caught on already, different release styles - meaning the opening mechanism, will affect how it leaves the bow. Have you tried shooting at a target? Sounds like if you did you would need to move your sight over to be centered again. Try shooting paper after that. Should be good to go

OP
W
Wanted to update this... I tuned the bow for my index release, that involved me changing top hats on my bottom cam. I had already changed them on the top cam when I tuned with my handhelds so from the factory I ended up moving both cams to the left to get it to tune with the rest right at 13/16. Perfect paper hole with the index, my hinge, and thumb button after doing so. I was half expecting to get a tear in the other direction with the handhelds after getting a bullet hole with the index release, but that wasn't the case so that's cool. Broadheads are flying good out to 55 which is as far as I've had the chance to shoot them so far.