Cheap phone scoping setup?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anybody have any success with a cheaper phone spotting scope set up? I have a power and a newer iPhone. Don’t really want to spend upwards of $100 on a phone scope setup.

fatrascal

WKR
I got a cheap one at a Cal-Ranch store. It only cost $20. It is small and might work on binoculars. Don't waste your money. Spent the $100 and get the phone cam. Fatrascal.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Universal Cell Phone Spotting Scope Mount Big Type Photography Adapter Mount Work with Binoculars Monocular Spotting Scope Telescope for iPhone 6Plus Samsung HTC LG and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGK38M...abc_QG5E048C42XWZAXGZR9Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve been using the smaller one on my binos for a few years. It’s not perfect but for $20 ain’t bad at all.

The one above is larger and fits spotters. It also fits my binos. Just got it and appears to be same as my smaller one just a tad bigger.

Kydex.... A few sheets are about $20 and a heat gun is $20. Drill a hole in the kydex, find a pipe same diameter as your optic and form the hole around it. Then form the kydex to your phone.

packer58

WKR
Did something similar with the Otter Box belt clip phone holder that I never used, 1.25 pvc coupler fits both my field glasses and my 15X56. A little modification and some head scratching and it works really good....

dubbs

FNG
I made one using some SDR 35 pvc pipe and a coupler. Cut the pipe and heat it up in the oven and you can cut it and form it to whatever shape you need to make it fit your optics.

Get the phone skope case and also the attachment for your phone, cheap and it works great and aligns camera perfect

Honyock

WKR
I went the cheap route and it was a pain in the ass switching between binos and spotter. Got the Phone Skope set up and problems solved. Buy once, cry once?

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I went the cheap route and it was a pain in the ass switching between binos and spotter. Got the Phone Skope set up and problems solved. Buy once, cry once?
My phone scope arrived today after sending back 2 cheap ones on Amazon. Talk about a pain in the ass!!!