Cheap Stuff that Works

This terra hiker tarp has been a versatile item for me. Ground sheet for my floorless shelter, put it under my inflatable glassing pad for puncture protection or use it folded up as a stand alone glassing pad, cover for my gear if it rains or even wear it as a cape for a short downpour instead of rain gear, also a ground sheet for processing game meat. Lightweight, tough, packs down to just a little bigger than a soda can, and cheap. It's my most used piece of gear.

These Hounds lightweight shoes are amazing for the price, weight and pack to less than half of crocks, plus Velcro strap across the top you can attach to a strap outside pack if you need some room. Under $10!

20f85a7d932a59533673e6a60fc5fe1e.jpg

These Hounds lightweight shoes are amazing for the price, weight and pack to less than half of crocks, plus Velcro strap across the top you can attach to a strap outside pack if you need some room. Under $10!

20f85a7d932a59533673e6a60fc5fe1e.jpg

Damn it, I got screwed! I think I paid almost twice that much for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costco sells Gerry men’s performance pants, they are on sell for $17 right now, normally $22. I bought a couple pair, similar to a Prana. They also have some shorts made of the same material.

So I was just snooping around for budget bags and found this on a hiking website. The reviews on Amazon look decent. I don’t know that I would trust it on kodiak, but def worth looking into at that price

fe19934cefeb82e0d3a4e7ca4383634f.jpg

2b39fdcf2559f5b646a32ffb316b8f0f.jpg

A piece I've recently come to love is Swazi's "The Hood". I'd say it's synonymous with a Kuiu Peleton 240, Sitka Core Heavyweight or Fanatic hoody and at $52 USD it's ~ 1/3 of their price.

I grew up in Alaska and a few of my buddies became guides/obsessed with sheep hunting and swore by their swazi stuff, so I picked one up and promptly ordered 2 more.

A piece I've recently come to love is Swazi's "The Hood". I'd say it's synonymous with a Kuiu Peleton 240, Sitka Core Heavyweight or Fanatic hoody and at $52 USD it's ~ 1/3 of their price.

I grew up in Alaska and a few of my buddies became guides/obsessed with sheep hunting and swore by their swazi stuff, so I picked one up and promptly ordered 2 more.

Can confirm. The hood is the shit.

Last edited:
Back