Cheap Stuff that Works

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I really appreciate that one. I've been looking for something like this for a while, without wanting to spend Sitka money, or deal with Sitka sizing (they don't like us bigguns too well...)
I ordered it this morning & already have the shipping details!
Is this shipping from New Zealand?

Wrench

WKR
The hot water doesn’t melt through the plastic? Are you buying special zip locs?
Even cheap sandwich bags hold up if i just line my sea to summit folding cup.....which I recommend for filling water containers from shallow sources and no pump.

Bcon

FNG
Man, I really appreciate that one. I've been looking for something like this for a while, without wanting to spend Sitka money, or deal with Sitka sizing (they don't like us bigguns too well...)
I ordered it this morning & already have the shipping details!
looks like a good deal.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider

robtattoo

WKR
I don’t understand these. Are they simply just a fleece jacket? Wind proof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not windproof, but insanely warm-for-weight fleece. The kiwis are famous for the quality of their outdoor clothing. I've had my Swanndri bush shirt for going on 15 years now & it's as good as new!

TheGDog

WKR
BTW... some new cool gear to add to this thread? TacticalGear.com now his this USB rechargeable flashlight that also sports a 4-electrode arc-lighter on top! And it's just under 10 Bucks! Goes up to 150 Lumens.

TheGDog

WKR
The GSI Minimalist is what I've been using now for 5 years. It's all you need. And I can fit the fuel canister inside of it too. So fits in pack great. Pillow cases as meat bags? Sorry, but not a great idea they're too heavy. Add lot of unnecessary weight to your pack. Kifaru Meat bags weigh like nothing-ness and work awesome!

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
The GSI Minimalist is what I've been using now for 5 years. It's all you need. And I can fit the fuel canister inside of it too. So fits in pack great. Pillow cases as meat bags? Sorry, but not a great idea they're too heavy. Add lot of unnecessary weight to your pack. Kifaru Meat bags weigh like nothing-ness and work awesome!
If I was hiking is a good ways or up, up and away, I would agree. But for close or just simple field use to keep it covered while hauling on a 4wheeler, pack animal or even just a short mile or so, you cannot beat the price of 25 to 50 cents from Goodwill for a king size pillow slip!

Besides, this thread is "cheap stuff that works"... maybe not the best, but definitely
Works! At that price, you don't even wash them!