Cheap Stuff that Works

cologsx

FNG
This thread has been great so far and I'm only on page 56. There was a lot of people mentioning Taco Bell hot sauce packets in the early days. I like to get my Cholula hot sauce packets from Qdoba!

The Dexter Russel 3.5" Vegetable Utility Knife is worth a look if you're looking for an absolutely awesome, lightweight, SHARP blade in the 3-4" range. It weighs 1.7oz(listed weight) and costs 10-20$ depending when/where you purchase it. The blade is thin, so don't use it for hacking and prying, just slicing. Theres a sheath available for another 10$ made by Dexter. This gets my two thumbs up. Thing is an absolute razor blade.

15313_Drop_Shadow__78078.1651783815.500.659.png
These ae easy to sharpen too

Some good glove options on sale at Costco

$23.99 for two pairs on insulated Mechanix gloves with good dexterity
IMG_8698.jpeg

$19.99 for 3 pairs of uninsulated work gloves. I like wearing these in rough country when it’s warmer out

IMG_8697.jpeg

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only spent a week in it, but the Teton Sports -35 bag has been great. Got down to 10-12 degrees the coldest night and was more than warm enough in some thin base layers and a stocking cap. No idea how cold you could actually take it, but plenty colder than I did. It’s absolutely gigantic, I’m 6’ 200lbs and could fit a second of me in the bag, plus it weighs like 17 lbs, but for a truck camp where you want to be comfortable and don’t care about weight/size its fantastic.

SO IL

FNG
Paracord. I use it for pull up rope for getting weapon in deer stand. Made a tree loop to hang backpack and bow on tree. Made my gps lanyard with it. Replace loud metal zipper pulls with it. It's almost as handy as duct tape or WD-40, which are also cheap and versatile.

hornady lock and load ball it’s 15 bucks and makes a pretty good way to have an extended bolt handle it just slips on and is on very snuggley

gberb18

FNG
I second the cheap fillet knife for quartering an animal. Nowadays I carry a few different lightweight knives to quarter an animal, but when I first started, I just used a 15 dollar walmart fillet knife and as long as you kept it sharp it did the job well. I really like a long fillet knife for gutting an animal, can really reach in there to clean out the vitals when its all a bloody mess.

Lando

WKR

Bazookas

FNG
I can't find a reason to hate this $25 puffy jacket. It was too cheap to not try it out and so far I am not disappointed.

ddub

FNG
100% can confirm a waffle top from any surplus store or clothing sale is a great option. My work one gets worn around 9 months a year. I'm going into year 5 with the same one. I use them as my hunting, fishing, just everything mid layer.
Yeah second that. If you look at the tags inside I'm pretty sure it says Polartec which is the same fabric all the big fancy brands are made of.

ddub

FNG

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I can't find a reason to hate this $25 puffy jacket. It was too cheap to not try it out and so far I am not disappointed.

Eddie Bauer jacket works well for cold weather anywhere from 60 degrees to low 20s with a good outer shell.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider

Mine came today in sage green. It’s unbeatable at less than $30. I wore it outside I. 45 degree weather over a T-shirt and it is warm. I ordered another. Later this over a mid weight merino sweater and it will drive off a cold morning no problem.

BH2010

FNG
Mine came today in sage green. It’s unbeatable at less than $30. I wore it outside I. 45 degree weather over a T-shirt and it is warm. I ordered another. Later this over a mid weight merino sweater and it will drive off a cold morning no problem.
I need to find a cheap puffy pant like that. I've looked and haven't found any generic puffy pant like the jackets on that site and Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR