Cheapest G20 w/ Hardcast & Optic

treillw

WKR
What's the cheapest way to get a Glock 20 that can safely shoot hardcast and is optics ready?

Thanks!

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a g20 and a g40 and they both shoot hardcast (buffalo bore) bullets with no problem. The barrels are factory. I did put a heavier recoil spring in both. I know that the g40 comes in the MOS version which has an optic ready slide. It will come with a set of plates that match to different red dot models. I believe that the g20 can be purchased in the MOS version as well.

Current cheapest route is going to be to buy a glock 40 MOS for around $700. You can probably shoot it stock with hard cast but you should test it.

glock 20 doesn’t come in MOs so you would have to buy one -$600- and have it milled -$150-200- to fit an optic.

you may want to look into traditionally rifled barrels (KKM for $165) and upon the poundage on the recoil spring if you are going to shoot a lot of relatively heavy lead bullets.

Wrench

WKR
If you do a stock glock and want to feed it hardcast, that's not going to hurt it or you....but if you hot rod it, you'll want the kkm barrel. I can get 200 more fps from my kkm before the brass gets any sign of trouble. On my stock barrel a 200 approaching 1100 looks like the brass is going to blow a bubble. It will not pass through the buldge buster 100% of the time.

What's the cheapest way to get a Glock 20 that can safely shoot hardcast and is optics ready?

Thanks!
The buffalo bore penetrator(maybe the outdoorsman, forget what they call it) is a flat nose fmj they make for a hardcast like bullet for stock glocks

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My G20 shoots hardcast in factory form with no issues. Light/Laser underbarrel mounted with sites that glow in the dark is a must. Bears are mainly nocturnal where I hunt.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
No reason to put a heavier recoil spring in, its not like yo are going to shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds of your hardcast ammo.

It’s free if you follow my simple three step plan:

1- Go to Washington
2- Find out where Wrench lives
3- Steal his pistol

Cash tips accepted 😉