Chevy Equinox

Not sure what years you are looking at

In the 2010 to 2015 years excessive oil consumption and bad timing chains are Very common issues once you start getting over 75k miles

I believe the excessive oil consumption also probably causes a decent amount of them I see with around 100k miles to have bad catalytic converters

Noisey blend door actuators are also fairly common(you hear a clicking noise in the dash. One of them requires the whole dash to be pulled to fix.

On the engine with the secondary air injection pump system, it is fairly common to have issues with that(can be very expensive). I believe this is only on SOME of the 6cylinder engines. Besides the pump going out, a port in the head gets plugged over time, causing the check engine light to come on. You have to pull the head off the engine and see if a machine shop can clear it, otherwise you need a new head!

Definitely have a mechanic do a pre purchase inspection. Make sure he confirms with you how many miles ago the computer was reset in the car. Some of the issues mentioned above can take 200-300 miles of driving for the check engine light to come back on after someone resets the computer. If the computer has been reset recently walk away

ROKnROAL

FNG
Only problem would be finding a ‘Live, Laugh, Love’ stick that fits the rear window

ElfOR

FNG
Possibly looking into getting a used Chevy Equinox. You guys have experience with these? Common problems, the good, the bad, etc?
I would stay clear. Unless they've changed. Had a 2017 and at 90,000 miles it blew a main gasket of some sort and the engine was toast. Also had a friend with a 2015 and it had horrible oil leakage and blew up. Not good. Also had a 2011 chevy equinox that went through 2 transmissions in 2 years. I'm done with GM.

I’m surprised none of you guys had the timing chain issues after 100k, might have been the earlier ones. Been awhile since I looked but I believe it’s a 3.6 v6 around the 2012 era that had a tendency to have a timing chain tensioner go out and take the motor out. I know of 2 that ate it at 110ish due to that. Seemed like if you put a motor in them the tranny wasn’t far behind. I’m a GM guy but we ended up with a Ford Edge for my wife if that says anything. If you keep them for less than 100k and trade them it’s probably not an issue.

I bought my wife a 2010, engine went out at 49,000 miles injector at 50 something. No power was a complete pos. The minute we got it paid down enough to dump it we did.

Sammymusi

WKR
I have one for my work vehicle , does the job, has enough power / room for 4 of us even on trips. Awd 4cy turbo

Elkhntr08

WKR
Wife’s is a 17 with 130k on it and never had an issue. She drives like the devil is on her butt, it amazes me that it’s held up.
I’m in no way a Chevy guy, have 2 F250s that I drive, but I’m impress with her Equinox.

My Equinox is a fleet vehicle, got her new in 2019. 124,800 miles, the power assist braking function went out about 8 months ago. Pretended it was the late 70’s, no power brakes. Easy fix. That’s the only problem I’ve had. Easy on the oil, comfortable to drive.

P