Childhood memory songs from mom or dad?

OP
P
Some of Mom's favorite were Don Williams and The Statler Brothers. She always sang to me; she had a beautiful soothing voice. Dad was a very talented singer that loved to sing silly songs to us. I miss them every day, but hearing those songs sure bring back some great memories.
We also grew up singing in church, so those songs always bring me back also!
So what do you do, with good ol’ boys like me? Awesome tune!

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
My parents were from the "greatest generation". As such, I heard quite a bit of big band and of course Sinatra. Occasionally I'll stream Frankie, smile...maybe wipe a tear or two thinking about dad swinging mom around the dance floor.

WCB

WKR
Mom- sang us to bed to this song and now sings our kids to sleep to it

Dad- sang every song "just like" whoever the person singing it was but maybe with a little more flair

Btaylor

WKR
Early music memories are of my grandpa playing wabash cannonball on the harmonica and listening to Jimmie Rodgers records on the victrolla.

CorbLand

WKR
My dad passed when I was young but I still find myself listening to some of his favorites that I can remember. He liked anything from The Oak Ridge Boys and Muzzie Braun.

My mom and I didnt and still dont share the same music taste but I do remember Allan Jackson and Alabama Christmas albums. That is about the only Christmas music I can stand.

Rough heartstrings thread.

Everytime dad got a fire going and played music from the hot tub speakers, first CD was Travis Tritt. Everytime I heard “Here’s a quarter…..” Yep, dads drunk.

4ckb

FNG
My dad used to sing me to sleep with Streets Of Laredo when I was child. Dad's been gone six years now and it's still tough to listen to the song all the way through.

Great topic. I've had this song stuck in my head my entire life from my dad singing it for as long as I can remember. Then I found myself singing it to each of my sons when they were babies.

OP
P
Great topic. I've had this song stuck in my head my entire life from my dad singing it for as long as I can remember. Then I found myself singing it to each of my sons when they were babies.

Reminds me of being born in the wrong state.

Nastiest looking fat ass dudes from Alabama frequently have beautiful counterparts. I have yet to figure it out.