Christensen Arms Ridgeline

I picked up a 7mm rem in Ti from EuroOptic and almost sold it on here.... Glad I didn't. Was ringing steel every time at 800 yards yesterday. Outshot my buddies who were using 15# 6.5 CM precision rifles.

This is my 3rd Christensen Arms rifle, all in 7 mag, and all have been shooters. The Ti version just took a little more work with load development than the first two, and also needed about 50 rounds to smooth out the bolt cycle, but now it is easily my favorite.

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
Seems there are a lot that hate and love the ridgeline or CA in general. What I take in summary from this and other things I have read, as long as you get a good one they shoot and shoot very well. If there are things left to be desired it is in the cycling of the action and the stock.

So with that said, if I was trying to pick between a Bergara Premier actioned rifle vs the CA ridgeline what would be the feedback on choices?

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot of people are doing the break in process with good intentions but doing it incorrectly. If you are shooting a Barnes ttsx or similar copper bullet you really need butches bore shine or a similar chemical to actually remove the copper fouling. Running a bore snake through with some hoppes or clp just doesn't cut it. I have approximately 4 boxes of ammo through my ridgeline and is has significantly less copper fouling when I clean it now than when it was new.

Seems there are a lot that hate and love the ridgeline or CA in general. What I take in summary from this and other things I have read, as long as you get a good one they shoot and shoot very well. If there are things left to be desired it is in the cycling of the action and the stock.

So with that said, if I was trying to pick between a Bergara Premier actioned rifle vs the CA ridgeline what would be the feedback on choices?
I own both. I have a bergara premier approach in 6mm CM. The action on the premier is one of the nicest actions you will ever handle, including customs. They are sick rifles. I love the look of carbon barrels and I have had great luck with CA, so it is a toss up to me. I dont think you can go wrong either way. Those are my two most favorite factory rifle manufacturers.

bmejia

FNG
I have one in .30-06 and my brother has one in .300WinMag. Great rifles

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
I own both. I have a bergara premier approach in 6mm CM. The action on the premier is one of the nicest actions you will ever handle, including customs. They are sick rifles. I love the look of carbon barrels and I have had great luck with CA, so it is a toss up to me. I dont think you can go wrong either way. Those are my two most favorite factory rifle manufacturers.
@PredatorSlayer thank you very much for your input on first-hand knowledge with both, but damn you for almost making my decision even harder! lol

@PredatorSlayer thank you very much for your input on first-hand knowledge with both, but damn you for almost making my decision even harder! lol
Bergara will rebarrel those premiers for $500…something else to consider. They’ll chamber and cerakote it for that.

The premiers are an entirely different animal than the bergara imports. These babies are hand made by vets in Georgia from what I understand. They only use bergara barrels. Its the closest thing to a full blown custom you will see in a high end production rifle.

Last edited:
I have now fired approximately 75 rounds through my .223 Ridgeline Scout. I've had some persistent failures to feed. The magazine is not held firmly in place. Occasionally the bolt will not make contact with the base of the top cartridge in the magazine. In these instances, the cartridge is not stripped from the magazine and moved forward into the chamber. My suspicion is that the magazine catch needs to be extended a bit to hold the magazine firmly and a touch higher. I need to do some more thorough testing. If I can't achieve reliable feeding, I will contact CA about a warranty fix.

The gun shoots about .75 MOA with FGMM 75 grain SMK. It's a very cool little gun.Please don't infer criticism of CA. I have not yet given them the opportunity to make it right. I will post a more complete review after I get this issue sorted out. Thanks.

Bruce C

FNG
I have a Ridgeline in .300 PRC that I like haven't shot yet. Still trying to decide on what optics I want to put on it. Leaning toward a Leupold VX-5 HD4-20. without shooting it I like everything about the rifle so far.

Just picked up my ridgeline scout in 308. Replaced the muzzle brake with a single port asr mount. Pulled the rail off the top to make room for some talley ultralights. Pulled the rail/barricade stop off the bottom to make way for a simple sling stud. Not too many barricades in the deer woods. Swapped out the 10 round mag for a 5er. Should be breaking it in next week. Looking forward to it

Kindo

WKR
My buddies and I have (3) ridgelines in 300WM between us and while at first they didn’t shoot well (first 50 rds or so), they’ve cleaned up real nice. One guy strictly shoots factory ammo and it’s a 1 MOA gun or a bit better.

I load my own for mine and the other buddy and they are sub MOA guns. While finding our recent load with 180 ABs, we had one ragged hole for 5-shots out of a lead sled. I’ll have to see if I can find any pics, this was 2-3 years ago.

The action continues to smooth out as we shoot them more. Good bang for the buck though. Just ordered a 16” MPR a couple weeks ago and should have some feedback on that come tomorrow afternoon after my scope comes in today.

I have now fired approximately 75 rounds through my .223 Ridgeline Scout. I've had some persistent failures to feed. The magazine is not held firmly in place. Occasionally the bolt will not make contact with the base of the top cartridge in the magazine. In these instances, the cartridge is not stripped from the magazine and moved forward into the chamber. My suspicion is that the magazine catch needs to be extended a bit to hold the magazine firmly and a touch higher. I need to do some more thorough testing. If I can't achieve reliable feeding, I will contact CA about a warranty fix.

The gun shoots about .75 MOA with FGMM 75 grain SMK. It's a very cool little gun.Please don't infer criticism of CA. I have not yet given them the opportunity to make it right. I will post a more complete review after I get this issue sorted out. Thanks.
Here is the follow-up:

I contacted CA via its online warranty return process and immediately received a prepaid UPS shipping label. I was notified via email when CA received my rifle. The following day, I received this email:

"Our top gunsmiths have performed a full detailed inspection, cleaned, and carefully completed the following services on your firearm:
Tuned and Adjusted Mag Box, Installed New Magazine
You mentioned the magazine having issues and it may. It was not sent in with the rifle so I had to use one I had here. I machined the stock so the trigger guard sit a bit closer to the bolt closing and adjusted the neoprene button that holds the mag tight. It stripped off every round when I tested it. Should be good to go and you mag might work as well.

We’ve performed a final inspection and your firearm is on its way to shipping."

The rifle was return shipped via UPS the following day. Total turnaround was 10 days - including shipping both ways.

The rifle now feeds flawlessly from the factory MDT magazine and from my Magpul AICS magazines. CA included a thank you card and t shirt in the box.

CA customer service was excellent. Good communication, quick turnaround, and problem solved. I am impressed.

Ianman

FNG
So I bought a CA Ridgeline in 300 WM in December. I saw videos about the FFT coming out shortly after I purchased. I’ve been trying to decide whether I should keep mine with 26 inch barrel or switch for the FFT with 22in barrel. I realize the 1lb in weight and apparently better/firmer yet lighter stock on FFT supposedly. Has anyone shot the FFT in 300 WM? Im suspicious of 22in barrel and being so light with a magnum round. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Zwsipe34

FNG
I have one in .300wsm and it shoots really well. I havent been able to shoot many different types of ammo but is under an MOA with 180 gr federal premium barnes ttsx. The groups do tend to open up if you shoot more than 6 or 7 shots in quick succession.
Thanks for the info!

Have you had a chance to shoot the 180gr Norma Bondstrike?

Does it consistently open up on 6-7?

Zwsipe34

FNG
Ridgeline in .308 - Had issues at first such as action screws extremely loose but tore it completely down and re-torqued. Also wasted a lot of money trying to figure out what ammo it liked across all different factory ammo and weights. Finally found 165gr Core Lokt Tipped that grouped the best.

Attachments

• 6C6E77C4-DFD1-4CDA-A21B-20BA1BAD51A5.jpeg
    6C6E77C4-DFD1-4CDA-A21B-20BA1BAD51A5.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 20

kickemall

WKR
I have a 6.5 creedmoor MPR that shoots and runs great. Just got a Ridgeline in 6.5 prc and first shot bolt locked up tight. After cooling for about twenty minutes I got it open and extracted the case. Cleaned, double checked no excess oil and shot again. Same thing. This was with factory ELD-M. Called CA they said try different ammo. Could only get Eld-x - same thing. Sent back for warranty last week so we’ll see how that goes.