Climbing Sticks

I was waiting for something like this to come out. I tried modifiying a climber to accomplish same thing but found i was a pain to keep it tight once at top.

I think with the smaller platform it makes it easier to keep it tight on the tree.

I think in the right situations the climbing platform works really well. Folds up flat and fits in a pack pretty easily. So in terms of the carrying in I don't know of anything much easier.

my thing is if i can use a climber bottom to go up the tree i might as well use a climber. If im hunting a new area im probably going in with a saddle. if the area i want to hunt has straight clean trees ill probably come back in that afternoon or next morning with a climber or a lock-on if i left the sticks up.

my thing is if i can use a climber bottom to go up the tree i might as well use a climber. If im hunting a new area im probably going in with a saddle. if the area i want to hunt has straight clean trees ill probably come back in that afternoon or next morning with a climber or a lock-on if i left the sticks up.
For me its about speed, simplicity, and potential for noise.

If I can preset the right trees ahead of time, I will DRT all day and only need the rope and my predator platform to place my feet. Sometimes im lucky and find the dream treehouse ready looking tree and i can comfortably sit in between the limbs. Otherwise i use climbing sticks.

The DRT method with a preset tree is so quick. Takes me about 5 mins to get my rope up tree and then tie my knots. Then its less than a minute for me to climb, add maybe 5 mins max to hang stuff and then be hunting.

Sticks for me take 30-40 mins to setup and climb and get seated before i am actually hunting. I will say though I try to make little to any noise and that means being extra careful with sticks. I got the Tethrd Ones this year and they are great except they are so damn loud. The smallest twig hits the steps and its like someone dropped an empty soda can on a concrete floor of an empty warehouse. Tink echo through the woods. I had stealth strips on the posts but going to cobra weave paracord for the steps as the aluminum needs something to absorb the sound and prevent noise.

A climber may be faster that the stick method, but i found them super loud when getting into the woods from everything brushing against them. And the one i tried creaked like crazy when climbing. Plus i had to adjust my safety tether the whole time.

Ie, aside from drt, tree stand hunting is a lot of movement, noise, and takes time to get setup. Climbing sticks and climbing stands are equal in my book from a pro con scenario.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
New to saddle hunting this year. Been building up my gear for a few years now (as to not buy all at once). I have a Tethrd Menace saddle, (3) beast gear 20" sticks with a 2 step aider on the first stick, and a Lattitude Rebel platform. Really happy with everything. Been practicing with packing and going up trees and shot angles.

Not sure if this is anything new, but I fashioned a lightweight gear bag to the first stick. It holds the aider, spare amsteel daisy chain, and my bow rope.

Thought I would share

Good luck to everyone in the 2023 seasonIMG_6971.jpegIMG_6972.jpegIMG_6973.jpeg

Long Cut

WKR
Full sized Beast or Gen 3 Tethrd One’s

Rest of the sticks can go in the trash or be used as pre sets as far as I’m concerned.