Clothing Question

Oregonboy

WKR
I've noticed the same. Their stuff is good looking, very comfortable and fits great but it definitely doesn't last as long as I hoped. I was very loyal to FL but lately have been acquiring other pieces from other companies and haven't missed them much.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered their gaiters a few days ago cause I was too lazy to drive to OR..making me second guess that decision.

tdhanses

WKR
I guess I’m lucky, I’ve been using FL since 2009 and haven’t had any major issues other then damage I cause using it, nothing I’d complain about at least.

MeatBuck

WKR
This isn’t any excuse for poor quality. Any manufacturer must meet the specifications defined and enforced by the ownership and management. Plenty of high quality products can and do come out of China just as poor quality can come from domestic USA manufacturers.

All that said, I love FL. I can be critical of them too if they do wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tell that to the 9 yr old Chinese boy who sewed those pants.

I wear their merino wool base. It is delicate but it's merino wool. I make sure I don't wear it as a single layer. I layer a synthetic over it. Works well for me.

I did have a pair of Kanab's tear in the groin region after 5 years of use. Sewed in a patch and good to go.

They lost me when ASAT was discontinued.

Mostly switched to Sitka.

I’ve had issues too. The stuff fits like a box cut t shirt from Walmart and has about the same quality. Kuiu and Sitka are much better IMO. Unless you’re that meat guy on Netflix and his friend with the silly mustache that get free kit every year, you’re better off dropping a bit more money to get the higher quality stuff from kuiu and Sitka. Just my 2 cents

Trial153

WKR
This seems to be a common theme, one that I have experienced as well. Hopefully they step up the durability and QC department.

I've had good success with all of my items and I use them hard. Just picked up the obsidian pants so we'll see how those do this season. They just don't feel like they're going to be as tough as the attacks or my Sitkas.

IMO FL has great merino products. I like the other things I bought from FL, but the baselayers are by far my favorite.

HoneyDew

WKR
There’s a difference between capability and not giving a shit.
Chinese people can’t sew as good as Americans? The point is that there’s variability in any manufacturing process. QC is ultimately the responsibility of management.

I sold all my FL and replaced with a mix of Eddie Bauer, arcteryx, Sitka, icebreaker, and kuiu. I wasn’t happy with the FL fit and finish, also didn’t seem to hold up well. I guess initiallyI fell for all the MeatEater Flatbill BHA pint night #public land owner hype. Lesson learned.

Tell that to the 9 yr old Chinese boy who sewed those pants.

The CEO and management is also responsible for ethical business labor. Can you cite a credible source of FL having employed Chinese children or are you just projecting your feels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Love my ASAT baselayers. Glad I got em before they stopped making them.
Their lightweight shortsleeves r top notch, would buy another 4-5 tomorrow just to work around the yard if hunting trip expenses didnt take priority at the moment.
And my obsidian set is going on year 3 and still looks good. But to be fair I'm not busting forest brush in them either.

Yikes, I just bought my first piece of FL. The seak jacket seemed to be just as good as the kuiu or sitka I normally wear. I guess time will tell. Not a fan of any camo patterns more of a solids type guy and really like the brown FL color.

MeatBuck

WKR
Chinese people can’t sew as good as Americans? The point is that there’s variability in any manufacturing process. QC is ultimately the responsibility of management.
Sure we’ll go with that. Even though I was comparing ages with that statement. And what the f is an “American”? We’re all a bunch of immigrants if we aren’t natives.

OP
H
Well besides a little bit of unnecessary drama it sounds like their is a pretty solid consensus that I’m not the only one experiencing continuous issues with First Lite quality.

With that being said, anyone know if Kuiu has become more open over the past few years on public land advocacy and conservation. Just saw they launched a new conservation directive. I left a length email with them to ask direct about their stance and involvement with conservational efforts and advocacy for keeping public lands public. I just recall them taking some flak years back on some questionable associations. Granted seemed like most of the chatter was seemingly more less gossip. I just really love their stuff, just curious if anyone has any below the surface knowledge of their dealings and advocacy on subjects or issues that affect us hunters and outdoorsman.

I’ll admit that was a nice aspect of First Lite is their unwavering stance on public lands and conservation. Just seems like apart from their competitors, they leave nothing to mystery when it comes to how they stand on public lands and conservation. Sure makes you want to stand behind the brand but the gear itself is questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk