CO cancels mountain lion season mid season.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Its scary to say but this country needs a good solid civil war to clean things up
I certainly hope that never happens. What this country probably will get is a financial depression the likes our forefathers never imagined. That will hopefully reset people's idea of what is important.

Many empires/societies that have fallen go through this phase of "decadence." We are living in that Era now.

ChrisA

WKR
I certainly hope that never happens. What this country probably will get is a financial depression the likes our forefathers never imagined. That will hopefully reset people's idea of what is important.

Many empires/societies that have fallen go through this phase of "decadence." We are living in that Era now.

Let's see, the Great Depression was 1929 to 1939, and the NFA (National Firearm Act) was instituted in 1935. Just say'n

Sizthediz

WKR
The stupidity of the antis is it really doesn’t stop any cats from being killed; they are just taking the freedom away from the public to buy a license which in turns goes towards the conservation of the animal. Now the govt will do the killing and the meat will go to waste and no money to conservation.
Oh and higher taxes cause they will have to get that $$$$ from somewhere

Ten Bears

WKR
The whole idea that we need to work with and include anti/non hunting communities was a total lie and failure. We were never going to get enough support at the ballot box to help.

Shame on certain organizations and influencers for peddling this garbage. These snakes literally made well paying careers from it. We have lost more in the past few years of hunting and it rapidly spreading. Meanwhile all that hunter money that was dumped into organizations has been wasted.

The real enemy or roadblock for hunting isn’t access, hunter recruitment, loss of public land.

It’s anti hunters, it’s white wine Moms in cities, it’s pint nights, it’s predators, it’s people who have always hated hunters and hunting.

We need to be a well funded, lawyered up, non conforming iron fist if we stand any chance heading into the future.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
The whole idea that we need to work with and include anti/non hunting communities was a total lie and failure. We were never going to get enough support at the ballot box to help.

Shame on certain organizations and influencers for peddling this garbage. These snakes literally made well paying careers from it. We have lost more in the past few years of hunting and it rapidly spreading. Meanwhile all that hunter money that was dumped into organizations has been wasted.

The real enemy or roadblock for hunting isn’t access, hunter recruitment, loss of public land.

It’s anti hunters, it’s white wine Moms in cities, it’s pint nights, it’s predators, it’s people who have always hated hunters and hunting.

We need to be a well funded, lawyered up, non conforming iron fist if we stand any chance heading into the future.
I agree with this. We need a Firearms Policy Coalition-like organization spearheading the fight against all anti-hunting measures across the country. That's what I love about FPC so much and why they get my money. Their stance is quite literally "F*ck you. No." It applies to every anti gun measure. They're combative, non-compromising, and effective. They don't play nice because they know the anti-gunners will never, ever be satisfied. Much like the anti-hunting animal rights activists. There's zero reason to play nice with these people.

Last edited:

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
The anti’s are smart enough to know that they can’t do it all at once, so they are taking away our hunting rights one small piece at a time. You folks on here that are complaining it’s “too late”, don’t just roll over and die, stand up and fight for it or read the forum called a “nation of wimps” perhaps that applies to you.

There’s a really great podcast over on the rokcast sub-forum on this very subject.

The demise of the modern day hunter will be the modern day hunter not being able to unite and push back. I hope people are supporting groups like this and don’t kid yourself, once they ruin Colorado the blueprint is laid out for every other state.

Last edited:
Some of rokslide seems like they are that flavor of people

You are on a hunting forum and activity watching hunting rights disappear, not just hunting but means of hunting including facets of 2A. And you dont understand why people are upset?

At what point are the losses of freedom an issue? When they ban all hunting and then meat from super markets, when they ban personal gardens, Whats your threshold, whats you line in the sand?

CorbLand

WKR
The anti’s are smart enough to know that they can’t do it all at once, so they are taking away our hunting rights one small piece at a time. You folks on here that are complaining it’s “too late”, don’t just roll over and die, stand up and fight for it or read the forum called a “nation of wimps” perhaps that applies to you.

There’s a really great podcast over on the rokcast sub-forum on this very subject.

The demise of the modern day hunter will be the modern day hunter not being able to unite and push back. I hope people are supporting groups like this and don’t kid yourself, once they ruin Colorado the blueprint is laid out for every other state.

Donated...again.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
You are on a hunting forum and activity watching hunting rights disappear, not just hunting but means of hunting including facets of 2A. And you dont understand why people are upset?

At what point are the losses of freedom an issue? When they ban all hunting and then meat from super markets, when they ban personal gardens, Whats your threshold, whats you line in the sand?
I’m asking the same question. My line was crossed along time ago but I keep getting told that I need to vote, vote, vote and I have been but what else? There has to be more that we can do. I support some of these non profits as much as I can but I also need to provide for my family and I don’t have the income to give away in support like I wish I could but it seems like we are in a constant uphill battle and things like this ban keep knocking us back further.
The writing is on the wall, we are outnumbered and it seems like we are always behind the ball.

Well folks looks like Colorado is doing whatever it can to destroy predator hunting at this point. Following California’s footsteps. How do we change this?
Per the article, it was cancelled due to anti-hunting opposition. Theoretically speaking, if there was an equal to or greater opposition that reacted to this cancellation, that should be the answer. Perhaps forcing the decision making to wildlife biologists…. Sportsmen need to get more organized.

Loo.wii

WKR

I’m merely commenting on the fact some people here feel the need to dog whistle the idea that they would be okay with taking up arms against their neighbors.
civil conflict isn’t something to get a hard on for.
Nothing more

I’m merely commenting on the fact some people here feel the need to dog whistle the idea that they would be okay with taking up arms against their neighbors.
civil conflict isn’t something to get a hard on for.
Nothing more
What happens when its your neighbor keeps taking your rights away? First they will start with hunting seasons, then once all hunting is done, why do you need your guns? Eventually it may be that same neighbor snitching on you to the government that you have guns that you don't need because they banned all hunting.
And if you think I'm full of it, look at California, what does that trickle down effect look like?

Reactions: OMF