CO cancels mountain lion season mid season.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m merely commenting on the fact some people here feel the need to dog whistle the idea that they would be okay with taking up arms against their neighbors.
civil conflict isn’t something to get a hard on for.
Nothing more

Make no bones about it, the anti's would prefer all hunters die, just they aren't saying they would make it happen.

Maybe Colorado bha should’ve hosted more pint nights. Those seem to be very effective.
And I cannot believe all the social media, photos and video’s of douche influencers, holding up dead lions and shooting them out of trees didn’t help this. I would’ve thought for sure that would’ve won over hearts and minds. Maybe maybe they just forgot to #Conservation

Pramo

WKR
The demise of the modern day hunter is the modern day hunter. Hunting is brutal you kill big pretty critters and market hunters (youtubers, companies selling hunting stuff, etc) need to keep show casing everything they can for likes. We give more ammunition to anti's then they would ever need to get us "cancelled"

I got a house full of dead stuff from the last 35 years and few people even know I hunt till they come into my house.

Overdrive

WKR
The way they worded some of this is misleading, like the "ban on electronic callers statewide" we have never been allowed to use electronic callers statewide for Mountain lions, it was only allowed in certain units to help reduce the population in those units anyways.

The April season has always been a separate season with lower quotas, and because of this it was low hunter participation part of the reasoning to get rid of the season.

Gonna be a long struggle in Colorado with the way the state leans. I'm finding it harder and harder in myself as a Native resident to even want to hunt here and fund the CPW any longer.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
The way they worded some of this is misleading, like the "ban on electronic callers statewide" we have never been allowed to use electronic callers statewide for Mountain lions, it was only allowed in certain units to help reduce the population in those units anyways.

The April season has always been a separate season with lower quotas, and because of this it was low hunter participation part of the reasoning to get rid of the season.

Gonna be a long struggle in Colorado with the way the state leans. I'm finding it harder and harder in myself as a Native resident to even want to hunt here and fund the CPW any longer.
This is the start of the trickle effect though. They start banning seasons that have low quotas then they start to go after the hunt in general. We shouldn’t be giving these people anything to grab a hold on because we all know once it’s gone it’s gone forever. At least that’s how it has been.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Its scary to say but this country needs a good solid civil war to clean things up
People who advocate for war, especially for something as brutal as a civil war, have never been to war… I definitely don’t want a civil war. I would like a cultural renaissance to beliefs more in line with our founding fathers. People are usually only a big tax bill or so away from wanting less gov and less taxes

I’m merely commenting on the fact some people here feel the need to dog whistle the idea that they would be okay with taking up arms against their neighbors.
civil conflict isn’t something to get a hard on for.
Nothing more
This country and your freedom of expression was founded on by civil conflict. Resistance to oppression doesn't mean or require physical conflict, thats only when some one shoves you and physically infringes on your freedoms.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
People who advocate for war, especially for something as brutal as a civil war, have never been to war… I definitely don’t want a civil war. I would like a cultural renaissance to beliefs more in line with our founding fathers. People are usually only a big tax bill or so away from wanting less gov and less taxes
I'm more hoping that Oregon, Washington, Idaho, will lay the blueprint for states to potentially fracture peacefully at some point in our lifetimes. Front Range Ideals/Morals/Ethics are very different than the West Slope.

I think it’s time to start talking about repealing or at least amending (again) the Pittman Robertson Act. In 2023, $1.2 Billion was brought in via the PRA. We are literally funding the demise of hunting before our eyes.

chapter 889, section 2:

(1) the term ‘‘conservation’’ means the use of methods and procedures necessary or desirable to sustain healthy populations of wildlife, including all activities associated with scientific resources management such as research, census, monitoring of populations, acquisition, improvement and management of habitat, live trapping and transplantation, wildlife damage management, and periodic or total protection of a species or population, as well as the taking of individuals within wildlife stock or population if permitted by applicable State and Federal law;

The keyword is “scientific”. By using ballot box biology, they should not receive federal funding, period.

Just my opinion.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I'm more hoping that Oregon, Washington, Idaho, will lay the blueprint for states to potentially fracture peacefully at some point in our lifetimes. Front Range Ideals/Morals/Ethics are very different than the West Slope.
I’m with you, for me it boils down to adequate representation, at the state level we are experiencing a tyranny of the majority which is little better than a dictator, in some cases worse. The much mentioned wolf vote really highlighted this, another example would be prop HH. Voters voted it down and legislation said here have it anyway. You have a very concentrated majority who imposes their will arbitrarily. Get ready for zoning to be implemented taken from counties and municipalities and handed to the state. Remember folks simple democracy can be very dangerous. Which is why federally we are a constitutional democratic republic.

CorbLand

WKR
I have noticed that most people that advocate for war, especially a civil war fall with in one of two categories. They are either too old to have to fight it or too young to understand the reality of what it would truly mean.

manitou1

WKR
Per the article, it was cancelled due to anti-hunting opposition. Theoretically speaking, if there was an equal to or greater opposition that reacted to this cancellation, that should be the answer. Perhaps forcing the decision making to wildlife biologists…. Sportsmen need to get more organized.
Sportsman spend their time on their hobbies: grilling out, football games, fishing, hunting.

For the liberals... their hobbies are hatred. They spend their time destroying this country our forefathers built... destroying our way of life... because it is THEIR HOBBY AND PASSION!

Being lax and saying: "It cannot happen here" is how and why other countries are now slaves to their governments.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have noticed that most people that advocate for war, especially a civil war fall with in one of two categories. They are either too old to have to fight it or too young to understand the reality of what it would truly mean.
Yeah there would most likely be little to no recreational hunting/ talk of hunting and be a ton of death misery and more death/ disease and unimaginable suffering for a ton of innocent folks

manitou1

WKR
Yeah... kinda like your forefathers.
What did it mean to them?
Freedom, a constitution, wealth.

It has a price and real men pay the price while the "others" sit on their laurels all comfortable and let the patriots do their bidding.

pirogue

WKR
It’s a libtard, treehugging state that takes wolves from a libtard, treehugging state. Why would you expect less?

CorbLand

WKR

It has a price and real men pay the price while the "others" sit on their laurels all comfortable and let the patriots do their bidding.
You talk a big game...get it started.

I have read a few things from our forefathers and never once did I read anything about them advocating for war. They faced that when it came. Major difference in being willing to fight and going looking for a fight. I will die for the freedom this country has but **** you if you think I am going to stand here and say "you know what we really need is a good war."

Hnthrdr

WKR

I get real sad to think where we are today in reference to founding principles as well… Did/do you serve in the military/ Iraq or Afghanistan in a combat role? Just wondering, not trying to shame or belittle