CO wolves coming from ODFW

wapitibob

WKR
Looks like CO is going to get some of our Wolves.

Enjoy

PS; we've lost a grand total of zero tags or hunting days due to Wolves

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
This will certainly be an interesting experiment over the long run.

Arthas

FNG

Enjoy

Figures the wolves from OR are vegan.

Flyjunky

WKR

Enjoy

Do you really think ODFW would cut tag numbers for any reason? We could be down to 100 total deer left and they would still issue the same number of tags.

The mule deer tags should be cut drastically but they won’t, opportunity baby, that’s what it’s all about.

Dooms

FNG
Down here in lower Elbert county I had some coyotes kill a fawn in the yard. The coyotes and foxes were expected. The really rather large coyote/wolf that stood larger than my German Shepherd was surprise. It may have been a coyote/wolf hybrid, it may have been a large feral dog, it may have been a wolf. I was headed to work at a gun free zone (military base) at the time, otherwise we'd know more. I suspect that there are more wolves about than the official stats say, as both the wolves and the official stats are incentivised to appear to have low numbers.

- Dooms

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
Do you really think ODFW would cut tag numbers for any reason? We could be down to 100 total deer left and they would still issue the same number of tags.

The mule deer tags should be cut drastically but they won’t, opportunity baby, that’s what it’s all about.

Judging by the response from resident bowhunters to archery Deer and archery Elk in the core areas going to a draw, ODFW is giving resident hunters exactly what they want; the opportunity to get a tag and go hunt. Hunters bitched about poor game numbers then came unglued when some otc units went to a draw. Imagine the outrage if they cut Deer and Elk tags in half, which would be my suggestion.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure Colorado already has a population of wolves. After these get imported, then it will be acceptable to admit that there are wolves there. Oregon could ship 500 wolves and it would be a good start.

Baddog

WKR

Enjoy

Elk numbers are definitely down because of wolves. Deer numbers hard to say because they’ve been tanking for decades. Just because you haven’t lost a day to go on a hike doesn’t mean the hunting hasn’t suffered.

49ereric

WKR
Bad winters kill way more deer here than wolves.
recent video of wolf killing a beaver here from a researchers game cam Is online.

Flyjunky

WKR
Judging by the response from resident bowhunters to archery Deer and archery Elk in the core areas going to a draw, ODFW is giving resident hunters exactly what they want; the opportunity to get a tag and go hunt. Hunters bitched about poor game numbers then came unglued when some otc units went to a draw. Imagine the outrage if they cut Deer and Elk tags in half, which would be my suggestion.
Totally agree. At some point ODFW is going to have to get some balls and cut tag numbers to at least try and save some deer. If they don’t sometime soon that decision will be made for them as there will be very few deer left.

Is there any hope that Arizona steps in and sues to stop the transfer? I think I remember a Newberg podcast where the Wildlife Biologist mentioned they were/would sue because the work Arizona is doing with the smaller Mexican wolf.

Totally agree. At some point ODFW is going to have to get some balls and cut tag numbers to at least try and save some deer. If they don’t sometime soon that decision will be made for them as there will be very few deer left.
Was just thinking about this out hunting in Sept...

“Wisten to the whythmic whythm of the woodwinds as it wowws awound and awound…and it comes out here!” — Elmer Fudd

Hnthrdr

WKR

Enjoy

We have lost a grand total so far… obviously they won’t be cutting tags yet. They haven’t really established themselves yet. Let’s see what it looks like in 5-10-15 years when they are totally unchecked. I’m guessing elk will be pushed more and more into conflicts with agriculture/ farmers which in turn will bring woofs into conflict with that sector as well. It’s ignorant to think tags won’t get cut when the CPW stated they will manage dau herds where wolves are present to allow for wolves food first, so tags will be getting cut…

sneaky

"DADDY"
Till a pack runs down a herd on the golf course, downtown or at the gate in Estes Park.
I hope someone transports a couple over to Estes since those front range morons decided that the western slope should get them instead of their beloved Estes pets.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
I hope someone transports a couple over to Estes since those front range morons decided that the western slope should get them instead of their beloved Estes pets.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Oh they will get there eventually, who knows maybe we get some real nat geo moments in Estes, wolves eating still live screaming elk from the ass up? Just like the people wanted. I personally think it would be hilarious if they pushed them all out of the park, guess we will find out