Colorado 191

Kheimann

FNG
Hi all, this is my first post but I’ve been reading for a while now. I drew my first Muley tag, a 2nd season antlered tag in 19/191. I’ve been doing some scouting to narrow things down. I’d love to hear your opinions, experiences, advice, anything would be helpful in notching my first muley tag!
Thanks

Last edited:

ibax

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Keihmann,

I just wrapped up hunting on the same tag a couple weeks back. I was curious to hear about your experience.

I am also curious if anyone has any 3rd/4th season experience in these units and how they stack up to 2nd.

OP
Kheimann

Kheimann

FNG
Hi Keihmann,

I just wrapped up hunting on the same tag a couple weeks back. I was curious to hear about your experience.

I am also curious if anyone has any 3rd/4th season experience in these units and how they stack up to 2nd.
I found an area I was planning on packing into to avoid the pressure from other hunters(deer/elk). But ended up not needing to since the only other hunters were road hunters other then 1/8 days I hunted. Glassed a ton and found a shooter and put down the perfect stalk then rushed my shot and missed. But glassed up 3-4 other decent bucks that the stalks didn’t work out. Had a buddy with the same tag 3rd season. Who killed a solid 4point. Hunting a different part of the unit. He also had the bucks chasing does which was not the case during 2nd season. How was your hunt?

Last edited:

ibax

Lil-Rokslider
I found an area I was planning on packing into to avoid the pressure from other hunters(deer/elk). But ended up not needing to since the only other hunters were road hunters other then 1/8 days I hunted. Glassed a ton and found a shooter and put down the perfect stalk then rushed my shot and missed. But glassed up 3-4 other decent bucks that the stalks didn’t work out. Had a buddy with the same tag 3rd season. Who killed a solid 4point. Hunting a different part of the unit. He also had the bucks chasing does which was not the case during 2nd season. How was your hunt?
I saw lots of does and put a stalk on a small forky but busted him at 380 yards or so. I’m new to hunting in CO and hunting in general. Glad you had a good hunt.

OP
Kheimann

Kheimann

FNG
I saw lots of does and put a stalk on a small forky but busted him at 380 yards or so. I’m new to hunting in CO and hunting in general. Glad you had a good hunt.
19/191 is by no means a quality Colorado unit. But definitely some success to be found. What general elevation were you hunting at?

Lirwin

FNG
Hi all, this is my first post but I’ve been reading for a while now. I drew my first Muley tag, a 2nd season antlered tag in 19/191. I’ve been doing some scouting to narrow things down. I’d love to hear your opinions, experiences, advice, anything would be helpful in notching my first muley tag!
Thanks
Hey I also drew this tag for the 22 season here in a couple months and am completely new to Colorado do you have any advice for a newbie do's don't good or bad anything appreciated