Colorado 2018 late 4th season mule deer units 35 36 45 and 361 help

jhssranch

FNG
I was fortunate to draw a 2018 late 4th season rifle mule deer for Colorado units 35 36 45 361. I am looking forward to the season and a chance to hunt mule deer while they are starting the rut. I am generally a bow and muzzleloader hunter during early seasons and have hunted several places in CO when I lived there for 10 years. I carried CO points over when I moved to UT 17 years ago and "cashed" in my CO points this year to hunt with a life long friend that has the same season/tag and he wanted to hunt those units. We are not familiar with mule deer patterns during that time of the year in those units and appreciate any help anyone may have on drainages/areas that would be good to consider for the late season. We are both very active 8-10 miles per day on foot archery elk hunters in our mid 50's. We do have access to atvs and snowmobiles if needed. I plan a road access/scouting trip in Oct but know things can change quickly with mule deer when snow arrives and with the rut. We also plan to be there 4 days before the season. If you have any info to assistance in this hunt we thank you kindly and if I can help with any information on UT big game information I will do the same. Thank you.

mavmskyb8

FNG
Most of the deer will be on private land by then in 36, 361. That being said, I had a 4th season cow tag in 2016, and saw the biggest buck of my life up near Dice Hill.
Best of luck!

topher89

WKR
4th usually means the rut, which means the big boys are out to play. It also means lower elevations as long as there has been some weather to move them down.

OP
J

jhssranch

FNG
Thanks for the info. I am hoping to get out prior to the season several times and would like to narrow the search if possible.