Colorado Cat hunting ban Bill

Don't blame California...that's like blaming the cancer victim for cancer. The disease is leftism that infected the Democrat Party and it is spreading fast. California was just the first state to be killed by it. Fight while you can. My state is a lost cause until/unless there's a civil war.

gbflyer

WKR
View attachment 367290

Here we go again! Colorado politicians and do-gooders trying to use emotion over science to stroke their perceived moral vanity. Maybe they want more dead Boulder High School cross country athletes.

But little Bambi is so cute in my driveway…Honey, can you wake up! A cougar just ate little Scruffy off the back deck while I was drinking my coffee.

Good book based on actual events in Boulder. High school jogger and lion both end up dead. Newsflash: Local School board now outraged with nature. Infighting continues so media has more stories to cover. News at 6!

The funniest part is that the greenies and the locals all want to hug the deer and lions until the student is killed. Then everyone turns vigilante. Ridiculous but totally foreseeable.

The biologists and wardens warned them. Oh well….

I’ve noticed that when one of these tragedies occurs, the comments made by people are generally disgusting, “good for the Mt Lion, they should have euthanized the people not the animal”, etc. There is something fundamentally wrong with society today and there is no fix for it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Even if you aren't a trapper or a houndsman we need to stand together. Those are the first two to get outlawed, then bear hunting. If you don't understand that trappers and bear hunters don't help the rest of us, I can't help you.
I think you meant to say "if you don't understand that trappers and bear hunters help the rest of us "

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What do you guys usually write in an email for these types of things?

I was going to send one off to the rep and senator in my district (unfortunately i see Judy Amabile is the sponsor of this bill and represents my district - what a disgrace!)

Marble

WKR
Don't blame California...that's like blaming the cancer victim for cancer. The disease is leftism that infected the Democrat Party and it is spreading fast. California was just the first state to be killed by it. Fight while you can. My state is a lost cause until/unless there's a civil war.
I've been here, hunted and watched politics since the early 80s. To compare the California of then to now is unrecognizable. It's rather sad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dont be afraid to send this to non hunters you know and explain why its so important guys! I send these things to several receptive non hunting family members and friends that understand the importance of hunting even tho they dont hunt because i took the time to share and help them to understand huntings importance, no matter which side of the fence they might have been leaning towards before. We definitely dont need a bunch more new hunters but we need the general public on our side or we're screwed

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Holy Sheetss, BHA actually takes a position...

Hello Jonathan,

A bill (SB 22-031) was recently introduced by democratic members of the Colorado legislature which would place an outright ban on hunting and trapping on certain game species, which have been sustainably and effectively managed by Colorado Parks & Wildlife for decades. This bill threatens our longstanding hunting traditions and undermines the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation by recklessly stripping Colorado Parks & Wildlife of their authority to regulate hunting and manage wildlife through a science-based decision-making process.

Please join Backcountry Hunters & Anglers in urging your legislator to reject SB 22-031 by following our take action link below.

Many Thanks,

Brien Webster
http://www.backcountryhunters.org/

SB22-031 is a serious threat to hunters. It’s a moment to put away petty differences and make our voices heard. BHA has a good link on their website to send a message to lawmakers. I put my name to it; you should too.

Contact the committee members, see if we can spike it there.

COMMITTEE MEMBERS​

Kerry Donovan
Senator

Kerry Donovan

Chair
Sonya Jaquez Lewis
Senator

Sonya Jaquez Lewis

Vice Chair
Don Coram
Senator

Don Coram

Rhonda Fields
Senator

Rhonda Fields

Jerry Sonnenberg
Senator

Jerry Sonnenberg

Edit: Kerry Donovan is probably the most important to focus efforts on. Her district would be impacted the most by loss of hunter revenue. She is the swing vote we need on this.

[email protected]
303-866-4871

Last edited: