Colorado Draw results 2023

taskswap

WKR
Why? If someone could please present to me a logical explanation of why putting unit numbers, even well known units, on a public forum to talk about?

Just so you know, no matter the answer, I'll say the logic is flawed
OK I'm waiting on the results like everyone, so I'll tillt at this windmill. :)

I have the recap report from 2021. I have the same PDFs everyone can get for the past decade. I know exactly how many people drew unit fifty-one-minus-two (since we're being secretive). All that posting here or another forum does is confirm that one of the people who drew is ALSO a member of this forum. But I didn't need a post here to confirm the opposite, because the recaps already tell me that.

And from the reports, this is a 2-6 point unit depending on the season you file for. So it's not something a random person off the street just getting into hunting is going to stumble over and be an extra person in the field ruining your hunt. Most of the seasons I see only have a quota of 100 so you really have to choose to want to hunt there. A random forum post isn't helpful to somebody without points, and isn't useful to somebody like me with 6 points and definite plans how to use them next year.

So what's the big deal? Using the same data available to everybody else, forum or no, I already know people are hunting there, and even how many. This whole thing about "drawing attention to a unit..." I mean, it's not like there's a secret unit somewhere nobody hunts. They're ALL packed, even the premium zones. If the unit exists, people know about it.

Genuinely open-minded here and curious about the rationale. But I'm struggling to see how it matters. Now that we all have TopRut, GoHunt Insider, OnX filters, HuntScore, and others I haven't even noticed, what's the advantage in keeping one individual's plans a secret? If you aren't going to publicly post actual DATA like specific (and recent) herd-sighting locations, what's the real value of a number in a message post?

Honestly, seeing a post here about a specific zone number makes me LESS likely to want to hunt it, rather than more.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
Got my deer email at 11:30 am central yesterday. Wish they would get the elk emails out.

Again with the unit numbers?

I don't understand the logic behind putting unit numbers on a public platform. Are these units well known? Yes, but now you're making them even more well known to people, and poleople wonder why we have point creep in these "top tier" units!?

Why? If someone could please present to me a logical explanation of why putting unit numbers, even well known units, on a public forum to talk about?

Just so you know, no matter the answer, I'll say the logic is flawed
You will NEVER understand. Your understanding is limited by your own admission and self-limiting limited understanding...That is the logical answer.
Way to hijack a thread and impart your ultimate wisdom.

Jacack

WKR
Hits on cards are dependent on card bank.

I didn't receive a hit on my az tag last year until a like 28hrs after everyone else I know including threads on here. I had given up and was pissed as I put in for something that took 3 less the year before just to ensure I got a tag.

Decided to take one last look at it was there the next afternoon.

I don't count it out until the website says unsuccessful

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
You can go to your page on the CO website and look at 'your orders'

wardl_3

Lil-Rokslider
2nd choice archery elk 🤘🏼🤘🏼 called 20 min ago to get an answer, and my cc still shows no charge update but cpw says they charged it and paid 👍🏻👍🏻

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
Charged $760 this morning but still no email or website update. Waiting to find out which choice I pulled!

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
😑case in point
This unit is by no means 'top tier'. I added the unit number in hopes that I get a PM from someone who's been there before. Point creep doesn't happen bc people add unit #s on discussion boards. It happens because of groups like Meateater, JRE, Hushin, etc.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Website still says Entered, same amount of PP and no CC hit.
You’re killing me Colorado!