Colorado Elk is hitting CC

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I have nothing on CPW nor pending on my CC, so I think I am SOL

And I forgot to select to receive a point :rolleyes: What a kick in the nuts

mlgc20

WKR
Heading to Colorado for first rifle! I got my bull tag and my daughter got her cow tag. Can't wait. Even though both of ours were 100% based on previous years data, it's still good to make it official. Good luck everyone.

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a guess as to when results will be issued if your credit card was hit yesterday?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

And I forgot to select to receive a point :rolleyes: What a kick in the nuts

Per a conversation I had with CPW, if you put in for the draw and don't get drawn, you are automatically awarded a preference point.

And I'm guessing I'm SOL too as my CC hasn't been hit nor has my CPW account been updated.

Good news. Drew my elk tag on a second choice with first choice being preference point which was not awarded. Anyone in the same boat or does it take a day for points to register in this situation? Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought pp as first choice and tag as second you’d still be awarded your pp.

I called parks and wildlife (or whatever their title is) before app season because this was my approach as well. Their response was yes, you will get awarded the point as your first choice and then your second choice will be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
Per a conversation I had with CPW, if you put in for the draw and don't get drawn, you are automatically awarded a preference point.

And I'm guessing I'm SOL too as my CC hasn't been hit nor has my CPW account been updated.

I believe you have to select that as an option though. When I look at my draw app it has ''unsuccessful draw-Nothing''

I believe you have to select that as an option though. When I look at my draw app it has ''unsuccessful draw-Nothing''

Per my conversation with 2 different agents that is not correct. If you are not drawn, you get a preference point. My buddy did not draw last year and did not put in for a point, but he was still awarded a point since he didn't draw. I was also told if you put a preference point as a first choice and put in for a draw as second choice, your odds of drawing decrease. In other words, unless you only want a PP, put in for the draw and not a point because if not drawn you get a point anyways.

Hoot

WKR
You only have to select to receive a preference point for sheep, goat, and moose, as those cost $50 resident, $100 non-resident, and you can opt out of paying the fee if you do not want to purchase a point, many high point holders are opting out of the fees because they dont think the value of weighted points is worth it.

For deer, elk, bear, pronghorn, you are automatically awarded a preference point if you do not draw your first choice, or if you select points only for your first choice. You can still draw subsequent choices and earn a point.

marktole

WKR

Also this is the first year that Colorado has changed those selection options when you apply, probably why you’re thinking you have to select the preference point.

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
I called parks and wildlife (or whatever their title is) before app season because this was my approach as well. Their response was yes, you will get awarded the point as your first choice and then your second choice will be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you receive your elk point with your tag tag as second choice? I just checked again this morning and wasn’t awarded the point, but my deer and goat points went through.

bz_711

WKR
I like seeing that $102 Youth Elk charge pending compared to the usual $600+ :)...taking my oldest this year for the first time (he's 16) and hope to do it many more times with him or any of his 3 younger siblings.

I've never wanted to fill a tag so bad...and we may only have 4 days to do...

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
Your PPs will show up once the whole process is completed. My deer point didn't show up until after the charge, "Awarded" update on CPW site, and I had gotten the confirmation email.

Just stay patient.

Gorp2007

WKR
Just got my CC hit this morning.

Has CPW ever published how many tags they made available to the formerly OTC units? Trying to figure out how much pressure to expect this year in the Durango neighborhood.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
You only have to select to receive a preference point for sheep, goat, and moose, as those cost $50 resident, $100 non-resident, and you can opt out of paying the fee if you do not want to purchase a point, many high point holders are opting out of the fees because they dont think the value of weighted points is worth it.

For deer, elk, bear, pronghorn, you are automatically awarded a preference point if you do not draw your first choice, or if you select points only for your first choice. You can still draw subsequent choices and earn a point.

If that is the case, then that's a little less kicking in the sack. Thanks everyone, for explaining that for me.