Colorado GMU 85 Muley Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultraheight

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All. A friend and I are pretty much guaranteed to draw 2nd rifle mule deer tags in Colorado unit 85 this year. Hunting hard-to-reach public through some small private that we have access to. I am fully aware that almost any unit in Colorado can produce big deer, if you know where to look and are lucky, but curious what we should expect quality wise on this hunt? I.E., if we see a halfway decent 3x3 on the first morning, should we be shooting or holding out for something better? Scouting last year turned up some solid deer, but admittedly need to do a lot more boots on the ground looking this year to see what's there. Pics welcome of prior success in 85.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Just a heads up, we don’t talk about specific units in open forums… thing is if someone tells you about fantastic genetics there, it will have some issues with draw odds down the road. You just need to decide what kind of buck you want and hunt for it. I have killed mediocre bucks in good units, and found awesome bucks in mediocre units, it varies a lot, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.