Colorado unit 25 Camping

Donjuan

WKR
Has anyone used the Sweetwater Campground?

Just curious how full it gets or if most people go up coffee pot rd in 1st rifle?

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
Um......to get to 25 off Coffee Pot past Deep Lake is a crap road. It gets worse every year. High clearance is a must for the erosion diversion berms built into the road. Going past Cross Creek should be blocked. It is mudholes full of rocks and arseholes have driven around only to find they sink and expand mess beyond the actual road.

Past deep lake you are better off with an atv or utv than a truck.....or take a jeep.

Not sure about sweetwater but the elk there tend to come up high at night and go back down the valley wall in the day. So if you can hike up to between 8000 and 9000' I bet you can get into the elk during the day. Up top, you might get lucky first thing in the morning or just before shooting hours....not much action in between as the elk have all bailed off down into the valley wall to bed.

BigPine

FNG
Funny you mentioned that . I was just talking to my sons today about heading up the Coffee pot road for a summer fishing trip. We’ll be hunting northwest of there in a couple weeks. One of my hunting buddies used to head in at sweet water. Said it was pretty rustic several years ago. How is it going to Budges ?