Colorado Unit 44,444, and 47

KMT

WKR
I've hunted 44. Plenty of public land and elk. It might take a while, but if you hunt hard and smart, you will find them.

jmez

WKR
I've hunted 47. Tough, mean country and the elk will be around timberline. Won't have much if any pressure from other hunters. A fair number of elk but they are tough to find. You will have a good hunt if you can get on them.

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
my neighbor hunts 47. he says he hasn't found an empty parking lot/trail head yet during elk season but i'm sure it's like anywhere put in work and you'll do good. he said last year he ran into the most people he ever has while hunting there. Not all of them were hunters as there are a lot of greenies and hikers being close to ski towns.

wv

FNG
Hunted 44 & 444 past 3 yrs and will be back again this year

I hunted 44 11 years ago and shot a cow on the last day of first season with about a half hour of light left. I didn't see a lot of elk but tbere elk in it. I hinted pretty close to eagle.

bz_711

WKR
I have only hunted 45 on the east side of 44,444. I'm sure its similar in that the nastier the terrain, the fewer the hunters. And the deeper/darker the timber the more elk you will find. Do not be surprised to hear no bugling, but still have plenty of elk. Put on the miles each day with your boots and you will find them.

Be in shape is the best advice I can give. Good Luck, and report back to share your story!

wv

FNG
Will be in 44/444...can't make up my mind if I'm hunting the 2nd and 3rd wk or the 3rd and 4th wk...last yr we had good bugling early.