Colorado Unit 75

Hello everyone, new to Rokslide just came over from AT because I’m just tired of the same old crap from some of those guys. Anyways I know some will give smart replies to this but idc. I’m going into Unit 75 next week for a diy archery hunt. I have never hunted elk, but I have fished in this unit and have knowledge of it. This is not a “need some spots” post, but rather a refresher for me. I live in GA and have not been out west in 14 years. I have a plan and would just like to run it by someone that has knowledge of the northern part of Unit 75. I know the places I use to see elk, I would just like someone to possibly confirm if I’m still barking up the right tree. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I’ll hopefully prove to someone that I in fact have done my own homework and am not looking for a freebie.

OP
B
Thanks for that info, I will keep that in mind and make sure I have plenty of backup plans. Anyone else with insight is greatly appreciated.

GregB

WKR

OP
B
The smart comments didn’t take long I see.

Beendare

WKR
Everybody is looking for the secret sauce....here it is;

75 is like any other unit in Co,

1. You have to find the elk....typically by covering a lot of ground at prime time

2. Hunter pressure is the #1 factor

....plan accordingly

fatlander

WKR
I’d google the unit and compare my plans to everything you see mentioned all over the Internet. Where your plan crosses with what’s been blabbed about probably isn’t he place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
I’d google the unit and compare my plans to everything you see mentioned all over the Internet. Where your plan crosses with what’s been blabbed about probably isn’t he place to be.

I just checked all those links you gave, not sure why they disappeared? Anyway yes I had already read all of those different ones and none of my spots that I have are mentioned anywhere in those. That’s why I was reaching out for help because it seems like I’m the only one going where I have picked out. Now in reality I know that obviously I’m not the only one but you know what I mean.

fatlander

WKR
I just checked all those links you gave, not sure why they disappeared? Anyway yes I had already read all of those different ones and none of my spots that I have are mentioned anywhere in those. That’s why I was reaching out for help because it seems like I’m the only one going where I have picked out. Now in reality I know that obviously I’m not the only one but you know what I mean.

There’s no secret spots but sounds like you’re on the right track. Get creative with what you’re looking for with the google. Even google the name of drainages you want to hunt plus elk hunting. Or “the unit + rokslide”, “the unit + on your own adventures” . . . You get the idea.

OP
B
There’s no secret spots but sounds like you’re on the right track. Get creative with what you’re looking for with the google. Even google the name of drainages you want to hunt plus elk hunting. Or “the unit + rokslide”, “the unit + on your own adventures” . . . You get the idea.

I have not tried the drainages, that’s good info. I will try to do a more in depth search tonight. Thank you for the ideas.

I didn’t think of googling drainages as soon as I read that is was like a light went off!!

fatlander

WKR
I didn’t think of googling drainages as soon as I read that is was like a light went off!!

You can find a lot more out about your unit by using google efficiently. Some of the stuff you find or don’t find may be encouraging or discouraging. But there’s way more to be found than just googling “XX unit elk”

try stuff like this:

“XX drainage + elk hunting”
“XX unit + any hunting forum you can think of”
“XX creek + elk hunting”
“XX mountain + elk hunting”
“XX mountain range + elk hunting”

I’ve tried town names but didn’t think to get that specific found another reason to be on my phone at night haha sometimes not finding anything in the search is great too

Thanks

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
You can message me. I’ve already got my hunting plans set for the year. I can assure you there isn’t anyone on rokslide going in to my areas.