Colorado unit-76, partner needed for DIY elk

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
OK I'm thinking of burning my points in Unit 76 this fall. But first I'll need to find a suitable, like minded partner with experience and the points (14 for 100% draw nonresident,, maybe 8 for resident) need to draw unit 76. ( I know a dozen elk hunters, but none have enough points to draw u-76 ) Being that this will be most likely the only time I will get to hunt one of Colorado's quality units with the point creep the way it is...

I have been hunting elk, DIY for over 20 years. This hunt will be a DIY backpack hunt. So who ever I partner up with we will need to get/be in shape for this physically demanding hunt. Being that this will be a once in a lifetime hunt I'd like it to be at least 14 +- a day or so. I really would like to renting llamas, as I have used llamas in the past.. I've chat with the folks I've rented from in the past and would not need to take the llama course again.. Having llamas sure will save hunting days and help keep the legs fresh. At least thinking a packer should be lined up if we don't have llamas, but I'd really like to use llamas on this once in a lifetime hunt for me.

The hunt can be backpacking in and hunting from our setup base camp or a bivi style hunt. Our exact style of hunting may not be decided till a day or so of having boots on the ground. I also favor the last 2 weeks over the first 2 for a few reasons.. I've been researching this hunt for 3 or 4 years now and have a note book on it. I have gotten great help from someone that's worked in the unit for over 20 years.

So if any one maybe interested and like to chat, like to know some of the costs of llamas/truck rental or have any info I can use or have questions post, shoot me a pm or email at [email protected]

Thanks ED

I've hunted with Teeton 5 trips out west . He is tough as nails and can get the job done. He can pack in as far as necessary in the roughest terrain. :)