Colorado units 2/201 anyone hunt them

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone hunted them this year?? Thinking of hunting them in 2017.. Wondering how the herd is doing? I think that last winter was hard on them, as I heard anyway.. thanks Ed

cowboy300

WKR
I hunted it this year with my father in-law who had the tag. We went up 2 days before it opened and looked over a lot of country and a few antelope. We killed the biggest buck we found (84") opening morning. Coming from someone that hunts WY every year for goats I was not all that impressed with the unit.

bud

FNG
I was up there third week of November with my daughter. She had 4th rifle cow tag. Snow storm came in hunting got good. Saw quite a few antelope herding up down low. Along the roads Diamond mountain area. I would love to hunt antelope there.

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry so long in getting back to this post.. I hear that units 2/201 had a hard winter last year (2016). I know that these units didn't have a high number of pronghorns to start. But if the last winter was bad, I guessing that they even have less pronghorns. Just researching hunting ideas for this coming fall. It would be a archery hunt and was given a lot of intell from someone on places to hunt in the units a year or so ago. I'm hoping that there was not a big winter kill in 2016 and asking if anyone knows if they did have a big winter kill last year... Also hoping that 2017 has a mild winter.. Thanks Ed