Component availability

gbflyer

WKR
I just want to make some bullets to practice with and hunt. Not one shop near me has had powder in at least 18 months. No joke

Does the Ukraine army use 5.56? If not isn't that a point at which the company would have to reconfigure for 7.62. The point i originally getting at was aimed more at supply chain issues and component shortages that are supposedly plaguing the manufacturers. How arenthey all of a sudden able to pony up ammo in such quantities for free?

1 million of those junk 7.62x39 will fit in one 20’ shipping container. I would postulate that they got sourced from some other Eastern European country, with Ammo Inc and Richard Childress writing a check.

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
Can we start a thread with in stock reloading components? I havent been able to find imr 4831 in forever either

Check out in stock powder (one word) on Reddit.

Better yet sign up for notifications, when anything useful is becoming available it is gone fast.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Big thanks to FedEx, managed to come across 2lbs of h4831sc and got a call from the shipping hub that my package was leaking little pellets and is being seized for a hazmat report..

Buddy of mine received 2 8lb jugs of backorder h1k last week..

One jug read manufacturer date of early 2022, the other read early 2021

There is plenty of powder, the public is getting fooked and there's nothing we can do about it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Danogh

FNG
Well, we are 2 years into the Great Shortage. Call it election, virus, whatever. Is there an end in sight? I know certain items are coming back on line (daily discord monitor here), but man it's still tough.

The big offenders for my personal use are Nosler Accubonds, Reloder powders, and large rifle magnum primers. Why can't the market keep up? Everything is getting way more expensive too. It seems like the market can bear the price increases, so why not produce more? Understand we are talking about manufacturing regulated explosives, but come on.

Before you bring up the supply/demand cycle issue FWIW, I had trouble getting Reloder 26 BEFORE the last election cycle. I would pay just about whatever they want if I could buy it at the time I need it. So why is the only consistency a lack of supply? Do they just not make enough from reloaders? Just lost on why the reloading suppliers can't seem to make any headway at all in two years time.

Take a look at Nosler. Zero product in two years. You're telling me they can't ramp up production on a process that takes copper and plastic and makes it into a specific shape within a two year time period?
I just received an email from a search engine I was using to notify me when Reloader 26 became available. Brownells had RL 26 in stock in 1 and 8 pound jugs. I immediately jumped on their website and ordered a 8 lb jug. I started to order 4-5 jugs but decided, for one, the price of $410 was ridiculous, and two, I refuse to become a hoarder and keep product from fellow reloading enthusiasts. I waited 5 minutes and checked the Brownells website again and the RL 26 was all gone. Good news is that powder is starting to trickle in again! I wonder if these ridiculous prices will start to subside or it this the new norm?

wyosam

WKR
I just received an email from a search engine I was using to notify me when Reloader 26 became available. Brownells had RL 26 in stock in 1 and 8 pound jugs. I immediately jumped on their website and ordered a 8 lb jug. I started to order 4-5 jugs but decided, for one, the price of $410 was ridiculous, and two, I refuse to become a hoarder and keep product from fellow reloading enthusiasts. I waited 5 minutes and checked the Brownells website again and the RL 26 was all gone. Good news is that powder is starting to trickle in again! I wonder if these ridiculous prices will start to subside or it this the new norm?

Guessing prices won’t budge unless it’s sitting on the shelves. Why would they? Good job resisting the hoarder bug. If I need it, I’ll buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
Shortages leads to hoarding which leads to shortages. I have gotten what I have needed by looking every day and when an item I want becomes available buying much more than I normally would. So yes, I am part of the problem.