Conceal carry

Was looking at conceal carry . Those of you that carry how often do you actually have a weapon on you ? I look at day to day activities and I'm at work most of the time. Cannot have weapon at work . Curious if many guys can carry at your place of employment ? Otherwise if leaving work to run errands probably wouldnt have it then . The reality is, would mainly carry weekends if out and about or traveling and thats it.

I dont carry a lot.I carry if taking family out to movie,bigger town or out of town.
It’s my choice but I dont carry around my town or work town that I grew up in 15 miles away.
My town is 800 and my hometown were i work is 11000.
I don’t feel the need to carry everyday,if that’s the case I’ll move.I don’t carry for fear,I carry to protect my family in more vulnerable situations.
That’s what works for me.
I actually feel more uncomfortable carrying even though I’m very competent with it.
I would try and evade any situation if possible.

I carry from the moment I put my pants on in the morning until I take them off at the end of the night to go to bed. Then it sits on a nightstand next to me during that time. 7 days a week. 365 days a year with few exceptions like occasionally getting into a swimming pool etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way I look at it, either carry or don’t. Never understood people carrying sometimes and not others. Thats some high stakes gambling. If you only carry when you think you are entering a particularity sketchy situation, then why are you going there in the first place?

You do you,I don’t feel I need to,it’s actually simple.
I don’t live in an area im afraid of,at all.I have 3 teen kids and kids around all the time and constantly in and out of gyms,soccer fields etc.
Same reason i carry a g20 in bear county but not other areas.
I think some people carry full time because they feel comfortable,some don’t,and some carry out of fear.Just pick what fits you.

You do you,I don’t feel I need to,it’s actually simple.
I don’t live in an area im afraid of,at all.I have 3 teen kids and kids around all the time and constantly in and out of gyms,soccer fields etc.
Same reason i carry a g20 in bear county but not other areas.
I think some people carry full time because they feel comfortable,some don’t,and some carry out of fear.Just pick what fits you.

Not trying to argue just curious why having 3 teen kids is a reason to not carry?

I dont carry out of fear. At least not a fear of something happening to me personally. More to protect my family and those close to me.

I live in a small town too and feel as safe as I would anywhere but I dont get to pick where shitty people do shitty people things. Bad stuff can happen anywhere.

work765

WKR
I primarily carry when I go into the city(Denver). Around town not so much.

SO4Runner

FNG
Not trying to argue just curious why having 3 teen kids is a reason to not carry?

I dont carry out of fear. At least not a fear of something happening to me personally. More to protect my family and those close to me.

I live in a small town too and feel as safe as I would anywhere but I dont get to pick where shitty people do shitty people things. Bad stuff can happen anywhere.

Not trying to be argumentative either but I’m curious as well. When I’m with family I’m even more inclined to carry than if I was by myself.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Anytime I leave the house and if I’m working outside around the house as well. I’ve had two incidents with work that changed my mentality on following employer guidelines when it pertained to weapons.

First was when a corporate call center received a call from an upset customer who made a threat that he would make the news from shooting people at the closest center to him from that company. We only found out 3 hours after the threat was made and where less then an hour from his residence.

Second time was with another company but doing new construction for low income families in a part of town that was attempting to provide quality housing to those in the area. Needless to say the area was not and still is not the best. A coworker and I were sitting in my job trailer for lunch when we heard a pop followed by another 10-15 gunshots. The drive by happened two blocks from my trailer and we could see where it took place.

I can find a new place of employment if I where to be terminated due to carrying, but my family can’t replace me if I don’t come home.

Brooks

WKR
I live in a safe place and carry everyday. I have very comfortable IWB holsters and depending on where I’m going I will carry different firearms. Going to an event, church, wedding, game etc.

I will take my S&W .38. small and stays hidden real good, maybe my S&W Shield compact 9mm. I might have to wear a light jacket to really cover up my Glock 19X with 19 rounds. Hope I never need it but I’ll have one with me.

I go through spurts where I carry from the time I leave the house until I get home, and other times where I go a few weeks without carrying. I know I should carry all the time and need to get better about it.

That’s not the main reason not to carry but a good reason just to not have them out.
My kids are not the issue,you can’t control other kids and don’t kid yourself and think it will never happen.
I dont need to loss my worth because some teen decided to touch my gun.I also don’t leave money laying out.I dont think they would steal it but why give the temptation .

Last edited: