Congratulations Colorado hunters...

BBob

WKR
Keep tabs on this one:

Only Sen. Sonya Jaquez Lewis, D-Boulder County, remained as a prime sponsor of the bill. She was the only vote in favor of advancing the measure on Thursday.

lak2004

WKR
The testimony in favor of the bill was insane. One woman (a veterinarian) states that houndsmen treat their dogs horribly and don't care about them. Another was from CA touring how great it was there after they banned MTN lion hunting (go the F back then!).

Lots of ignorance and assumptions from the antis. Glad that we had so many well spoken intelligent hunters and scientists making testimony in opposition.

Be ready for the next one. The all out assault on hunting is growing and gaining steam.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Zappaman

WKR
And in this case: science (and biologists who are best left to manage wildlife) prevailed ... not politicians or soccer moms with five kids (and five cats).

What's funny is that when trail cams came along here in Kansas... people actually started believing there ARE mountain lions in Kansas... funny little world ;)

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like there's some really good orgs right now that are committed to staying on top of predator issues around the US. There's a couple that seem like they are more involved in issues than several of the "more established" conservation groups.

We won this round, but we all need to be vigilant against the next attempts as well. Thanks to everyone that took the time to make your voice heard.

I never thought I would spend more time sending emails and making phone calls than I spend planning my yearly elk hunt but that is just the world we live in now.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
That Lewis person with so many names from Boulder; I expect no less from THAT crowd...

"Boulder is 13 square miles surrounded by reality"