converting a tikka 270WSM to 6.5creedmoore

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I have got the 6.5 Creedmoor bug. I have a very nice left hand tikka t3 in 270 wsm. what else would I have to do besides the barrel swap? Trying to figure if it's worth or just to buy a 6.,5CM

Spoonbill

WKR
I have got the 6.5 Creedmoor bug. I have a very nice left hand tikka t3 in 270 wsm. what else would I have to do besides the barrel swap? Trying to figure if it's worth or just to buy a 6.,5CM
You need a new bolt, so either find someone who wants to trade or buy a new bolt body.

Spoonbill

WKR
Are Tikka bolts really interchangeable like that? Most times a bolt has to be fitted to the action.e
I am not a gunsmith but I did take my 243 bolt and put it in my 06 with a snap cap and it went bang. I did it to see if it would work. Tikkas have tight tolerances, it is one of the many advantages to them.

I didn’t realize the bolts were interchangeable. That’s awesome. I can learn something new every day. Let us know how his build goes. I’m interested in doing this myself post some photos if you get her done.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Tikka barrels are very good. Tikka bolts are expensive, the cost of a 6.5 barrel (unless you find a factory takeoff) and bolt will cost more than a new Tikka.

Buy a 6.5 CM Tikka and be done with it.

A 6.5 CM bolt will cost north of $425, and you would have to find a left handed bolt. A factory takeoff barrel will run $125, so $550. If you get a prefit that will run $400-800 depended on what you get. Add $100 to pay a gunsmith, or $300 to buy the tools. You can order a stainless 6.5 CM T3x lite from Eurooptic for $829 and can probably find them even cheaper if you look, add $50 for an FFL.

I think a magnum magazine will not work for standard dimeter rounds, so $40 for a new magazine as well.

Last edited: