How to swap Tikka .223 1-10” for a 1-8” barrel?

I have a stainless T3 Lite with a 1-10” barrel. I prefer the heavies these days and she doesn’t stabilize them. Instead of buying a new Tikka I think I’d like to just swap barrels. I’ve never done anything like this, what’s the process?

P

The barrels pop up here, JA outdoors, and eBay (many times from JA outdoors) semi often if you’re patient enough. I snagged one from here recently that was cut and threaded already.

And 1-8” .223 Tikka barrels are scarce!
I'll have a stainless t3x lite takeoff for ya in say 30-45 days if ya want it.. Or, just buy a new rifle with the great online sales and Tikka rebates available and sell yours to someone who wants to shoot varmints with 55s. Stainless lites were selling for barely over $700 before the $75 tikka rebate. Betcha can get rid of yours for not much less.

OP
Pharmseller
I'll have a stainless t3x lite takeoff for ya in say 30-45 days if ya want it.. Or, just buy a new rifle with the great online sales and Tikka rebates available and sell yours to someone who wants to shoot varmints with 55s. Stainless lites were selling for barely over $700 before the $75 tikka rebate. Betcha can get rid of yours for not much less.

Whatchoo gonna want for your barrel?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This forum isn't for buying or selling so take it elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
There’s a thread w guys offering loaner tools for profits. Just did one, need a good vice and a blow torch, maybe some dumb luck. Mine works🤷🏻‍♂️