• No one you know has COVID19

Votes: 148 62.7%
  • immediate family has COVID19

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Continue after Easter with stay at home orders

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • Get back to work around Easter despite COVID19

Votes: 26 11.0%
  • See where we are in a couple weeks and open parts of the US that we are able to.

Votes: 112 47.5%

• Total voters
Select every box that applies to your situation. Just curious to get everyone's take on this.

Last 3 choices are what you would like to see happen in the near future.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So 63.5% don't know anyone that has it, and 12.9% do know someone that has it. What is the other 23.6%..........they don't even know what Covid-19 is????

Trial153

WKR
I know three people that have it and one other person that died from it this morning.
Whats the rationale for the poll?

11boo

WKR
Retired 60 yo here. Just the wife and I, and we are staying home . When the WuFlu first hit The US, I looked at our preparedness. It was weak, I realized we hit the grocery stores 2-3 times a week. Sams Club, filled the freezer and pantry.

It is strange. We don’t know anyone sick, yet. Had a zoom session with family yesterday, all are fine.
I’m trying not to dwell on how bad this is. But holy cow, what if this were a more serious emergency?

Currently deployed and was supposed to be home in a week or so. Now Im looking at an additional 60 days! There wasnt a box for that..

You might add something for us small business owners... for example, my hours aren't changing but no doubt our company is reeling from the impacts. Hanging on where we can, but doubt we'll make it unscathed.

OP
H
You might add something for us small business owners... for example, my hours aren't changing but no doubt our company is reeling from the impacts. Hanging on where we can, but doubt we'll make it unscathed.
Hang in there man. Hopefully we emerge from this with wounds that are repairable.

I wasn't able to cast a vote with this poll because there's no option for "More work than I really want" and "The possibility of forced overtime right around the corner". My job security goes up exponentially with each passing day, but I really wish that wasn't the case. I sincerely wish everyone the best as we stumble through these very trying times.

OP
H
Almost like a modern day gold rush for medical workers in the need. Tons of hours, lots of $$ but substantial risk of being exposed. Stay safe brother!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Almost like a modern day gold rush for medical workers in the need. Tons of hours, lots of $$ but substantial risk of being exposed. Stay safe brother!
I know a few people in the medical field that are laid off currently most are nurses that worked in surgery centers that shut down because they are not essential. My hunting partner is a physical therapist and just laid 80% of his staff off. My hospital here as everyone on reduced hours trying to conserve thier PPE waiting for the first case.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
H
I know a few people in the medical field that are laid off currently most are nurses that worked in surgery centers that shut down because they are not essential. My hunting partner is a physical therapist and just laid 80% of his staff off. My hospital here as everyone on reduced hours trying to conserve thier PPE waiting for the first case.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thats why I said "medical workers in the need"
My Mother in law (elective surgery nurse) and sister in law (surgeon) are both working insane hours. MIL found a new job when she was furloughed, SIL was forced into the COVID19 ICU.

I'll be swinging a hammer as long as the lumberyard stays open. Wife and sister are both medical, they're a bit freaked (RN and tech), luckily both in very small hospitals that are evacuating positive patients to larger hubs....for now, anyway. Did a weekly supply run yesterday, stores were packed....line out the door at post office, etc. Personally I cannot BELIEVE they didn't shut down air travel 2 weeks ago...seems like that would have stopped this thing from spreading so widely, maybe my kids could be going to school....

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, we are completely shut down right now. Sucks because we were coming off a good year and a good start to this year. We have reserves, but that’ll only last so long before we may just have to go back to work regardless of the orders. I’ll be damned if I just stand by and watch 7 years go down the gutter. Ain’t no one gonna bail me out either.