Crawl / Stalk success or busted.

Hike2hunt

FNG
I have done quit a few in my time, the longest was on a prairie goat in Eastern Colorado and was about 200 yards of on by belly crawling, but got busted.

What was your longest crawl, did you have knee pads or such, and were you successful?
PHP:

Randle

WKR
I went out opening night of whitetail season a few years ago to see where the deer were moving thru the field behind my house.
I wanted to get my daughter out for her first deer season, she could hunt until the weekend, I did take my rifle with me just in case..
I saw this buck up in the middle of the field already, so I low crawled about 200 yards. I was in a turned field and the buck was in the
cut wheat field. I had about 6 inches of wheat stubbble to hide behind as I crawled. Once into position I had to wait until the buck walked
into a low spot in the field so he was out of the sky line. One grunt stopped him where I needed.
These are even the clothes I was wearing.

Randle

WKR
I have posted pictures before but for some reason this one wont post how I want

Ray

WKR
Spotted a herd of caribou at 700 or more yards and made a combination of crawling and waddling stalk through short willows and tundra humps. I ran out of cover at 115 yards but was finally able to get a clear shot without brush in the way. I was soaked from the puddles between the tundra humps. One of the most enjoyable hunts I've had.

I should have been busted with a stiff wind at my back and my dog tied up where I dropped my pack was hopping once I vanished in the brush. The herd knew something was up but since they could not see anything they just huddled up and staid put. At the shot caribou pandemonium broke out and there were critters running in all directions since they could not see me.